PDA

View Full Version : new frustrated member

Stu C
05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi all, I've been a very happy owner of an '05 T5 for the last 3yrs 4mths unfortunatley until today. I have been told that my van has done a head gasket and is now 4mths out of warranty, the only problem I have ever had is two years ago the thermo housing broke & was replaced under warranty. Being a locksmith & not a mechanic I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice if that could have had anything to do with causing my current problem? the van has been the best car I have ever owned & has only done 83000 & just seems to young to have this kind of problem??:)

The_Hawk
05-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Go back to the dealer and talk to the service manager and talk about how good a customer you have been (and possibly how you believe this issue is related to the thermo housing unit issue). Then tell him you would like him to cover it under warranty.

Do it in person and do it sooner rather than later. Ring up first and let him know your coming.

I'm sure others will have other reasons you can add both before he answers and after he says no, but I'd be pointing out the premium you have been happily paying for their exceptional service over the years, point out that if they are only offering the bare minium you may as well use ultra tune...

At the end of the day, when you haven't got a legal reason, the worst you can do is ask and get knocked back :D