PDA

View Full Version : New MkIV R32 Owner

Matty VWR 32L
05-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi Guys,

i have spent a lot of time on the forum before becoming a member and after continous pressure from friends who are members and finally after purchasing my very own MkIV R32 Golf i finally decided to register. My ride is completely stock and am lookin for any useful tips that people can offer and looking forward to seeing what events are available to attend in Sydney.

Cheers Matt

FJ Steve
05-11-2008, 05:58 PM
welcome...what number is your MKIV R? And colour?

Matty VWR 32L
05-11-2008, 06:16 PM
hey,

its number 33 and its black

dubbed
05-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Awesome :) Put up some pics mate.

geoff_gti
05-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Welcome Matty!

fuzion
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Guys,

i have spent a lot of time on the forum before becoming a member and after continous pressure from friends who are members and finally after purchasing my very own MkIV R32 Golf i finally decided to register. My ride is completely stock and am lookin for any useful tips that people can offer and looking forward to seeing what events are available to attend in Sydney.

Cheers Matt

matti, silver? green p's? .. if so saw you on lyons road today in russell lea about middayish

goodfella
05-11-2008, 10:26 PM
welcome Matt, so you coming along on Sunday???

DUB 20V
05-11-2008, 10:41 PM
matti, silver? green p's? .. if so saw you on lyons road today in russell lea about middayish

:duh: it says black 3rd post lol :biggrin:

fuzion
06-11-2008, 07:03 AM
:duh: it says black 3rd post lol :biggrin:

i meant black, said silver

i was up for 23 hours, gimme a break lol

DUB 20V
06-11-2008, 08:39 AM
i meant black, said silver

i was up for 23 hours, gimme a break lol

wow 23 hours man you dont need nasel spray lol:biggrin:

Matty VWR 32L
06-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Hey guys thanks for the welcome,

yeah its black wit green p's n it is quite possible that it was me in russell lea coz i live in concord n get around the are a lot.

welcome Matt, so you coming along on Sunday???

nah cant come along this weekend gotta study for ma uni exams:frown: mayb next time

DaveMack
06-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Welcome to the forum, Matt ... and good to have another awesome Mk iv R in the fold. :)

Dave

Flaps
06-11-2008, 09:46 AM
wow 23 hours man you dont need nasel spray lol:biggrin:

haha not bad :biggrin:

fuzion
11-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey guys thanks for the welcome,

yeah its black wit green p's n it is quite possible that it was me in russell lea coz i live in concord n get around the are a lot.

nah cant come along this weekend gotta study for ma uni exams:frown: mayb next time

you also had a puncture and somehow made it into the bobjane's haberfield driveway ..

i was there getting wheel alignment on the passat..

cant stand that bobjane anymore, everything has to be done twice to make sure its right!

very clean car dude, you need to do the flapper mod!

jayman
11-11-2008, 08:56 PM
nice man, i see an awesome blue mkIV r32 near wesley hospital. You hardly ever see them compared to mkV's so it's always special :biggrin:

TomBrer
11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
nice buy mate,

how come no one is giving him **** for having a R32 whilst on his p's lyk i received :)

Great buy man,

Hope you have fun with it

Tom

fuzion
12-11-2008, 04:56 AM
nice buy mate,

how come no one is giving him **** for having a R32 whilst on his p's lyk i received :)

Great buy man,

Hope you have fun with it

Tom

tom,y our special LOL

TomBrer
12-11-2008, 09:39 AM
tom,y our special LOL

hahah, my mum says I am :)

madglf3
12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Welcome Matt, nice name you have there :)

Enjoy your stay here, and post some pics up quick smart, I love MkIV R32.

-Matt

Matty VWR 32L
13-11-2008, 05:44 PM
you also had a puncture and somehow made it into the bobjane's haberfield driveway ..

i was there getting wheel alignment on the passat..

cant stand that bobjane anymore, everything has to be done twice to make sure its right!

very clean car dude, you need to do the flapper mod!

yeah dats was me at bobjane lol

here are a couple of photos for everyone

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr95/vwr32golf/

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr95/vwr32golf/

balkanac
14-11-2008, 01:24 AM
You got The best colour! i love it! There are heaps of mods for them, but they are not cheap. I have a CAI, flapper mod and a short shifter on mine. I had the APR reflash (trial thing) and i loved it but it went back to stock :cry: i have to get it done properly.
These are very nice cars, i still smile every time i drive it and they don't attract unwanted attention

Matty VWR 32L
17-11-2008, 11:44 AM
You got The best colour! i love it! There are heaps of mods for them, but they are not cheap. I have a CAI, flapper mod and a short shifter on mine. I had the APR reflash (trial thing) and i loved it but it went back to stock :cry: i have to get it done properly.
These are very nice cars, i still smile every time i drive it and they don't attract unwanted attention

Balkanac what is the APR reflash thing and what does it do? ... i keep hearing about it. Do u also know where i can get details on how do do the flapper mod.

yeah same wit me evertime i get in ma baby u seem to grow the biggest smile, which makes me drive even harder lol:driver:

Treza360
17-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Balkanac what is the APR reflash thing and what does it do? ... i keep hearing about it. Do u also know where i can get details on how do do the flapper mod.
yeah same wit me evertime i get in ma baby u seem to grow the biggest smile, which makes me drive even harder lol:driver:

APR reflash is just an ECU upgrade. Gives you an extra 11kW, some extra torques and gets rid of the flat spot around 3000rpm. It also raises the rev limiter. Link here: http://www.goapr.com.au/products/ecu_upgrade_r32.html

To do the flapper mod, find the flapper at the exhaust on the passenger side. There is a black rubber hose that runs into the side of the flapper. Pull it off the flapper. You don't need to cut it or anything. Make sure you block off the rubber hose properly so there is no air leak, otherwise you will burn out the solenoid valve that creates the vacuum. Use a rivit or something similar and probably a bit of tape to make sure it doesn't fall out. Also tape off where the hose was attached to so no dust or anything gets in there. Cable tie the hose out of the way so it doesn't dangle. Too easy.

Cheers,
Trent

Matty VWR 32L
18-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Thanks for d info dis explains a lot

Cheers
Matt

JVLR32
18-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Welcome and drive smart:driver:.

Matty VWR 32L
20-11-2008, 06:46 AM