PDA

View Full Version : new to forums! i own a mk1 golfy :)

racerrachy
01-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey!

I own a mk1 1975 VW golf (that i just crashed into the back of someone with) :(.

2dr 4speed (hoping to change that some point) 1.6...ya know!

I also have a mk1 that im trying to build up into an autocross car

ANYWAY! here are some pics of it :)

THANKS

RACHEL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/historicRA/golfff.jpg\

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/historicRA/GOLF-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/historicRA/GOLFF.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/historicRA/GOLFFF-1.jpg

phaeton
01-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Welcome Rachel :D

Its great to see more female Dubbers on board the VW scene ;)

Good Luck with the build !!!

Jarred
01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Welcome Rachel.

oh! females yay! Shame to hear about the accident - :( Maybe time to upgrade the brakes! :D

Where abouts in Melbourne are you? We have plenty of meets going on, so feel free to come for a drive sometime!

Preen59
01-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Welcome champion! Good to see more Mk1 owners. :)

And to save people clicking on the links..

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/GOLF1-2.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/GOLFF-2.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/GOLFFF1-2.jpg

gtimk5
01-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Welcome Rachel, its good to have you here and I hope you enjoy the forum. Any questions, no matter how dumb you might think, just ask, we donr bite and we are only too happy to help out. Hope you can get to the Day of the VW in a couple of weeks time.
Andrew :)

Preen59
01-11-2008, 07:20 PM
......... Hope you can get to the Day of the VW in a couple of weeks time.
Andrew :)

If you do make it, and you see this banner (Or very similar- I'm not finished yet.) Come say hi and introduce yourself. :)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

Water Boy
01-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Hell yeah... Caged Mk1 is off tape! Is your Dad a VW Nutter too? Very very cool to have a Mk1 2door! I sure some of the boys will be jealous :bluesbro:

Water Boy
01-11-2008, 07:50 PM
BTW i have seen your Mk1 around Bentleigh and at Autocrosses and Motokharna's and is your Ol man the guy who has the orange Mk1 rally car?

revnit
01-11-2008, 08:32 PM
welcome to the site plenty of mad mk1 dubbers on here :)

moluu1
01-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the forum...
Newbie to newbie..hope you enjoy it like i do

DaveMack
02-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Welcome to the forum, Rachel ... have you noticed how all the lads come out of their sheds for a look when a new female member starts? :biggrin: I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum and just ask any question ... someone is bound to know the answer.

Dave

Tim
02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Welcome aboard.

I think ive spotted this car around a few times around east bentleigh as well. Or at least one similar.

Mischa
02-11-2008, 04:34 PM
a chick who drives a caged mk1? how cool is that! welcome :cool:

GoLfMan
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
welcome mate!
caged mk1! thats just plain awesome that is :)
stick around and hope to cya at a couple of meet ups in the future!

racerrachy
03-11-2008, 06:37 PM
hahaha, yep, its great being a girl. i can get ALL the help i need hahaha.

yeh will deff be at the meet up, and yes my dad is the one with the orange rally car, he will probbably come with me to the meeet up if i dont have a car rally on that weekend!!

and yes im in east bentleigh and yes u have probably seen (actually probably heard it first) my car around.

Really really really cut that i wrecked the front, its going to cost about 1500 to fix it...which i dont have...and will never EVER HAVE. wrecked my cool GTI grille :( ****!!

when is this meet up?? :)

Rachel
AND THANKS FOR POSTING THE PHOTOS UP PROPERLY FOR ME :) i couldnt work out how to do it

AND ADD ME TO MYSPACE www.myspace.com/motorachel

:driver:

Mischa
03-11-2008, 06:40 PM
lol pfft myspace is crap, got facebook? :P

Mrk_Mickey
03-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Haha facebook...myspace...excuses to stalk people you don't know and be accepted in the community for it j:

Welcome aboard Rachael, nice cars. I reckon you'll fit right in here, spesh with a VW nutter for a dad :D

racerrachy
03-11-2008, 07:15 PM
gosh, facebook is for OLD PEOPLE.

get wit the times

BUT YES I HAVE IT

haha just search my name "Rachel Hale"

Water Boy
03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
MySpace is for the youngen's... Me, Stu n Mickey and the rest of u olds can have your facebook :nana:

Preen59
03-11-2008, 07:39 PM
MySpace is for the youngen's... Me, Stu n Mickey and the rest of u olds can have your facebook :nana:

Say it to my face, boy! :brutal: :biggrin: :)

Water Boy
03-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Say it to my face, boy! :brutal: :biggrin: :)

I will at DOVW dont u worry... And u can tell me all about ol skool dragsters etc when your down and ill call u postman pat :nana:

Mischa
03-11-2008, 07:46 PM
yeah you guys are right fb is for old people; 18+ myspace is strictly 15 and under :P

Preen59
03-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I will at DOVW dont u worry... And u can tell me all about ol skool dragsters etc when your down and ill call u postman pat :nana:

Haha you're going down.

Oh by the way... Is this the Goof everyone is talking about? :D

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v308/201/7/552479073/n552479073_566518_8604.jpg

racerrachy
03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
hahahah

do you like my line through that corner..UNDERSTEER CENTRAL!!

you should see dad doing the same corner....crazy fast!

whens this meet up doovey? ill polish the green machine up.

Preen59
03-11-2008, 07:53 PM
hahahah

do you like my line through that corner..UNDERSTEER CENTRAL!!

you should see dad doing the same corner....crazy fast!

whens this meet up doovey? ill polish the green machine up.

Turned in a bit late? :D

Day Of The VW 2008 (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=16582)

racerrachy
03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
turned a little late......and i was scared of breaking dads car...because he loves that car..maybe a little more then me. HAHAHHA

nah he just way too much time on it for me to roll the tyres off the rims hitting a hole in an autocrosss ;)

Preen59
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
turned a little late......and i was scared of breaking dads car...because he loves that car..maybe a little more then me. HAHAHHA

nah he just way too much time on it for me to roll the tyres off the rims hitting a hole in an autocrosss ;)

Hahaha fair enough. Ahh well atleast you're having a go and most importantly, you're modest about it. :)

racerrachy
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM
when i can beat the boys
thats when i'll be cocky :)

until then...!!

:)

GoLfMan
03-11-2008, 10:14 PM
next meet up is the pub meet up :) 3rd monday of every month....

however i think DOVW is before then!

racerrachy
04-11-2008, 01:53 PM
awesome, well i'll be ther 4 sure, cant wait to check out the other VDUBS...i get excited when i see ANY mk1 anywhere, let alone NICE ones. :) cant waittt

Jarred
04-11-2008, 02:10 PM
So what's teh go with your car atm, is it just stock (I'm geussing)

Any plans for it, or focusing more on the autocross golf?

DubSteve
04-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Yes Jarred wants to know :D

racerrachy
04-11-2008, 03:32 PM
well....its all about the money isn't it?

With the new "p plate" laws, technically im not allowed to change anything that will increase the preformance of the car.

All i have done to it so far is put a stero system in it (alpine head unit, tweeters, 12inch subb, & splits in the rear parcel shelf), put an exhaust on it (pretty sure its 2inch? not sure...along wit my LOVEHEART exhaust tip) and i've put Koni's in the front & KYB shockers in the back...i cut the springs (not that you can really tell, but i screwd it up so dad put gls springs in the front and left the cut ones in the back) because i didnt cut them equally! haha pro.

i've got the stock 13" steelys on it but would LOVE to get some mags, i work at a car wreckers so we get alot of cars wit after market mags on them, i try them all on my car but they always hit on the caliper so i guess i would have to get some spaces for them or something. Id love to put 17s on it, would accelerate like a pig but would look cool!!

I co-drive in car rallies around vic, so next year that will take up ALOT of my time and money so its realy limited on the stuff i can spend my money on, but really planning to focus on the autocross car when i get my **** together...

i have extractors & a webber for the autocross car...was going to put a poddy on my roady but looked too hard BECAUSE IT WOULDNT FIT. would have to make up something to get it to go behind the headlight...would a pod filter really make that much difference?

RACHEL :)

:driver:!!!!!

Jarred
04-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I thought you were 19, and on green P plates?

Cause if you are, the new laws dont apply, I'm pretty sure we (cause we're on green P's, and old laws) are allowed to mod our cars!

Pod wouldn't make much different. esp on a stocker. and 17's would be way huge! you'd need rubber band tyres to make them fit!

DubSteve
04-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Id love to put 17s on it

No please don't otherwise Preeny will hunt you down and throw your car on bricks, and then proceed to throw the wheels in a fire:eek::duh:

racerrachy
04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
hahha yeahhh, they would have hit on the wheel arches if they had fit.

(does anyone know the stud pattern for golfs?? is it 4X100?)

the p plate laws at the moment are pretty fkd up,. there are 3 diff laws.

there are the oldest P plates which if u got ur P's b4 July 1 07 (i think) ur allowed to do anything, like have superchargers or mod ur car or wateva, but if u got ur p plates after july 07 u cant mod anything blah blah no supercharges nd only like 125KW to every tonne.

then there is the red P's which are the new ones where u cant do ANYTHING.

not that the average cop would know what is stock on a 75 golf but still..

Jarred
04-11-2008, 04:29 PM
....not that the average cop would know what is stock on a 75 golf but still..

exactly!

1.8 looks the same as a 1.6, and a downdraft weber keeps it looking stock! it's great. (+ massive cam:D)

Stud pattern is 4x100.

generic offsets. (rough guide)
ET45 to ~30 for a 6" wide rim
ET25 to 30 is good for 7" rim.

Water Boy
04-11-2008, 05:12 PM
So is the caged Mk1 a different car to your road car?

Preen59
04-11-2008, 05:38 PM
No please don't otherwise Preeny will hunt you down and throw your car on bricks, and then proceed to throw the wheels in a fire:eek::duh:

He's not lying. Apparently that guy is a pretty tough cookie. But who knows... :brutal: :eek:

DubSteve
05-11-2008, 07:46 AM
He's not lying. Apparently that guy is a pretty tough cookie. But who knows... :brutal: :eek:

The man speaks the truth!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Spyda
05-11-2008, 10:45 PM
exactly!

1.8 looks the same as a 1.6, and a downdraft weber keeps it looking stock! it's great. (+ massive cam:D)

Doesnt a 1.8 have the rad hole flange thingo on the head between cyl 3-4 and 1.6 between 1-2? (I learned it from Matt)

Welcome!

Big sub in a little car :biggrin: cant help but feel a bit disappointed that the parcel shelf has been cut though.

So is the cage yours and whats on the table for the mk1?

tassie_euro_mk1
08-11-2008, 02:57 PM
wholy crap, just seen this thread.

welcome lol.

good stuff with the racing. Thats awesome!!! geez i wanna get out there in a mk1 and give it a go. I miss my old one :frown:

gonna get the VR into a few track days and hill climbs soon.

Great stuff :bowdown:

mk1 looks good too.

thestu
08-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I thought you were 19, and on green P plates?

Cause if you are, the new laws dont apply, I'm pretty sure we (cause we're on green P's, and old laws) are allowed to mod our cars!

Pod wouldn't make much different. esp on a stocker. and 17's would be way huge! you'd need rubber band tyres to make them fit!

of course 17's fit you douche. she can do what she wants. 17's would look mint... but the right wheels have to be choosen

Oneofthegreats
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
of course 17's fit you douche. she can do what she wants. 17's would look mint... but the right wheels have to be choosen

I've got photo's top prove otherwise sorry & have had them on a couple of mk1's. They look stupid even with BBS RX's

but.

I've seen them on cabby's with & without the clipper bodykit & they can suit it due to the larger sill panel hanging down giving a fatter stance.

thestu
08-11-2008, 04:44 PM
I've got photo's top prove otherwise sorry & have had them on a couple of mk1's. They look stupid even with BBS RX's

but.

I've seen them on cabby's with & without the clipper bodykit & they can suit it due to the larger sill panel hanging down giving a fatter stance.

well i don't think 17inch bbs on a golf would ever look good. if you get the right rim it will fit and look good. maybe a lil bit higher but will still be good

Oneofthegreats
08-11-2008, 04:47 PM
well i don't think 17inch bbs on a golf would ever look good. if you get the right rim it will fit and look good. maybe a lil bit higher but will still be good

BBS's & VW's go hand in hand.

But not 17's on a mk1.

Just my observation's.

They did fit nice & tight inside the guard's too by the way. Just looked like a steam roller!

thestu
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
BBS's & VW's go hand in hand.

But not 17's on a mk1.

Just my observation's.

They did fit nice & tight inside the guard's too by the way. Just looked like a steam roller!

hahaha very true

yeh they are a bit big! but all im saying is that if she wants em then get them! don't ever let other peoples opinions negotiate how your car will look...because its your car!!!! agreed?

Oneofthegreats
08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
hahaha very true

yeh they are a bit big! but all im saying is that if she wants em then get them! don't ever let other peoples opinions negotiate how your car will look...because its your car!!!! agreed?

Agreed & True!

whiteVR6
09-11-2008, 02:41 PM
nice looking car :)

love how you boys take over the thread and steal her thunder! ;-)

racerrachy
09-11-2008, 02:58 PM
haha no ****! im kinda into the whole "Rice Factor" thing...you know, big wheels, decals nd **** ahhaha....im tryin 2 change lol NOT taking my headrests off so it looks like a fkn mini though..:P

BUT NO, not putting 17s on my golf, biggest i would put would be 15s with low profiles or white walls :D HELLSYEAHH

i kno i cut holes in parcel shelf but I DIDNT IN THE DOORS WHERE I COULD HAVE PUT MORE SPEAKERS
got a thousand parcel shelves hangin around anyway :)

Jarred
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
ey?! whats wrong with not having any headrests aye? :P

White walls are different on a golf, very cool when done right though!

we can swap door cards if you want?? :D mine already have holes!..

and I dont have a radio...:rolleyes:

Whubbsie
10-11-2008, 09:27 AM
haha no ****! im kinda into the whole "Rice Factor" thing...you know, big wheels, decals nd **** ahhaha....im tryin 2 change lol NOT taking my headrests off so it looks like a fkn mini though..:P

BUT NO, not putting 17s on my golf, biggest i would put would be 15s with low profiles or white walls :D HELLSYEAHH

i kno i cut holes in parcel shelf but I DIDNT IN THE DOORS WHERE I COULD HAVE PUT MORE SPEAKERS
got a thousand parcel shelves hangin around anyway :)

I'll go with the hell yeah on the white walls they look made with widen steelies.

racerrachy
11-11-2008, 07:29 AM
nah im good with my door cards thanks :P decided not to put holes in them noW :) also thinking about the headrests...OMG u converted me in like...3 days hahahah. Totally thinkin' about that webber aswell...and painting everything under the engine bay pink [MINT!!]

catchyzzz

Jarred
11-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Yea, It'll open it up a bit.

After driving in your car last night, I forgot how slow stockers were! Love the exhaust too. must be the love heart tip, makes the exhaust sound wicked! Fair dinkum, sounds better than mine... (almost :P)

racerrachy
11-11-2008, 05:28 PM
haha....mmm my car tends to make alot of noise but not go anywhere.

BUT THATS THE WAY I LIKE IT. :)

GoLfMan
11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
haha....mmm my car tends to make alot of noise but not go anywhere.

BUT THATS THE WAY I LIKE IT. :)

your just lying to yourself j:

you got converted to a weber after having a ride in my beast :D bruuummmmm crackle crackle crackle POP

swallowtail_uk
01-05-2010, 05:25 AM
hey!

I own a mk1 1975 vw golf (that i just crashed into the back of someone with) :(.

2dr 4speed (hoping to change that some point) 1.6...ya know!

I also have a mk1 that im trying to build up into an autocross car

anyway! Here are some pics of it :)

thanks

rachel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/historicra/golfff.jpg\

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/historicra/golf-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/historicra/golff.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/historicra/golfff-1.jpg

nice photograhs