PDA

View Full Version : 2006 to 2007 GTI Changes

Hilton_K
17-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Just got this email from VW Australia after hearing there were a few changes from the 06 to 07 specs on the Golf GTI:

*Active head restraints have been discontinued; however the head restraints have been optimised to provide maximum protection without being active.

*The audio unit now has a silver finish on the buttons.

*The hazard warning lights now activate in emergency braking. :confused: (be interested to see this work, wonder what they regard as 'emergency braking')

*Beige leather is now available with Black carpet.

*The chill-able centre console has been discontinued.

gtimk5
18-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Interesting...... There was a GTI at the drive day with beige leather and black carpet. Much more sensible.:)

Subie25L
20-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Just got this email from VW Australia after hearing there were a few changes from the 06 to 07 specs on the Golf GTI:

*Active head restraints have been discontinued; however the head restraints have been optimised to provide maximum protection without being active.

*The audio unit now has a silver finish on the buttons.

*The hazard warning lights now activate in emergency braking. :confused: (be interested to see this work, wonder what they regard as 'emergency braking')

*Beige leather is now available with Black carpet.

*The chill-able centre console has been discontinued.

Do the chill-able center console and clove box actualy work? It is the aircon just directed to these areas to cool them?

eestison
20-10-2006, 04:57 PM
yes, the a/c is just directed to these areas via small round vents (in my tdi anyways). i always have my chiller vents off.

the only things in my glovebox are my ipod, owner manual, and a first aid kit.

the center console looks too small for a standard can/bottle of anything - i am yet to try and sqeeze in a 330mL bottle :D

syncro
20-10-2006, 05:53 PM
I had an '07 Golf in England and it had the glove box cooler.
And it was made in Germany!

DubSteve
21-10-2006, 05:54 PM
WOW thats very interesting. Will there be any cosmetics changes to the GTI itself

BigTurkey
24-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Does anyone like the silver buttons on the stereo 500 series head unit. I think it makes the dash look awkward. My Jetta is an 06 so it has the regular color.

Dr Spine
26-10-2006, 07:10 AM
I've got the 07 GTI and thought the silver buttons were a good change. Although I wouldn't have minded if they'd stayed black. Different tastes for different people I guess. I think the car interior looks it's best at night when every dial/button lights up red/blue and the centre console is bathed in the soft glow of the twin LED's on the roof. Makes me feel like I'm in the space shuttle :)

neo25x5
26-10-2006, 04:57 PM
my 06 jetta has the silver radio buttons. dealer seemed surprised on delivery that they were silver. look great anyway