PDA

View Full Version : Antenna

Scouser
26-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Looking for an antenna for my mk 4 Golf, the one that fits on the roof, been looking for one at Super Cheap and Motor Mate, no look, will I have to get an OE one,

Mine is bent??

Dave

h100vw
26-10-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.dubaddiction.com.au/

For a Sharan one.

Gavin

gavs
27-10-2008, 07:24 PM
I paid $5 for mine at a wreckers, damn dealer forgot to install it when i bought it!!

Also on the antenna, around the base is a plastic disc thing, i think it's a seal. Mine has split and a recent trip on the freeway removed the front half of it, so now it's only sealed around the back. I'm worried about water getting in there and rusting out the roof and leaking into the car. It's been ok so far but i don't want to risk it anymore. How do I remove the whole antenna assembly?

Thanks in advance:)

h100vw
27-10-2008, 07:28 PM
I paid $5 for mine at a wreckers, damn dealer forgot to install it when i bought it!!

Also on the antenna, around the base is a plastic disc thing, i think it's a seal. Mine has split and a recent trip on the freeway removed the front half of it, so now it's only sealed around the back. I'm worried about water getting in there and rusting out the roof and leaking into the car. It's been ok so far but i don't want to risk it anymore. How do I remove the whole antenna assembly?

Thanks in advance:)

Rumour has it that if you get a new seal, then it will fit without removing the aerial. If you get it nice and warm, it'll stretch enough to go over the base and not split.

I can't remember who was selling the seals, it might have been VAGparts in the UK. You might get the number off the site and buy one over here?

Gavin

Scouser
02-11-2008, 05:34 PM
http://www.dubaddiction.com.au/

For a Sharan one.

Gavin

Thanks for the link, recieved the antenna on Friday and its great, works well to at half the price of a genuine VW one, I also like the fact that it is smaller,

Dave.

Silver dub
04-11-2008, 09:49 AM
What are the sharron ones like, I've been wanting to get one but i have heard from alot of forums that the reception is not that great.

FJ Steve
04-11-2008, 10:03 AM
What are the sharron ones like, I've been wanting to get one but i have heard from alot of forums that the reception is not that great.
They are pretty good, but significant limestone content in the ground (or hills) between you and the station transmitter/repeater tends to make the signal very weak.

We have taken ours off and gone back to te "Radio Control Whip Aerial" (OEM) for better reception. But it's not the antenna's fault...it's the area we live in. Sux to be me.:duh:

Silver dub
04-11-2008, 10:09 AM
So do you think it is worth getting one and trying it or do you think i should just stay with the oem aerial? I'm down near the beach not many hills around me.

MattyT
04-11-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm coastal, reception is lousy but I dont care because radio sucks :biggrin:

Tim
04-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Is there anyone that has purchased the sharan replica antenna that has had poor reception and doesnt live in WA? As so far the feedback I have gotten has been quite good except for the above 2 cases!

Scouser
05-11-2008, 06:01 PM
My reception is great.
Cant fault it.

Dave