PDA

View Full Version : New Polo GTI owner

pologti_oldfart
14-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi all!

Just thought I would introduce myself. Have had the Polo now for a month and luv the thing to bits.

Has been APR'd and other mods to follow I hope!

I live in Canberra and we have the German Autofest on this weekend so heaps of VW's in town!

Wen't on the VW cruise today and was the only Polo there. Where are they all!!!

I will have to go to the show and shine tomorrow and fly the Polo flag!

GoLfMan
14-10-2006, 09:35 PM
welcome mate, post some pictures of your beauty!!!
the polo GTI is a ripper and i'm glad your enjoying it mate, enjoy your time on here its a great community :)

brackie
15-10-2006, 05:05 AM
G'day and welcome. It doesn't surprise me that Polos weren't well represented at the gtg. This forum was started because water cooled VWs tend to be ignored by the Greater VW Community.

It sounds like you are getting enormous fun from your car. Good to hear. :D
Keep posting, spread the word of our existence and enjoy your time on this forum.

MR-GTI
15-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Welcom bud !!!

I'm sure you'll love the car,the more I drive mine the better it seems to go..
The only problem I'm having is keeping the think at 60ks,it just wants to keep going..

Regs MR-GTI

gtigrl
15-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Hello and welcome, I absolutely adore my car so I understand ;)
Hope to see some pics soon.

pologti_oldfart
15-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunatley I cannot upload any pictures of my car as the pictures are to big!

I resized them but the file size is to large.

brackie
16-10-2006, 04:45 AM
For screen size read this
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=776

To reduce file size you'll need to either use a graphics programme or use a photo-hosting site like "Photobucket" that allows file size reduction.

DubSteve
17-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Gday mate nice little you have there by the sounds of it, hope all goes well for you.

PoloGTi
17-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey there welcome to the forum hope your car gives you as much pleasure as mine does for me. They are a wikkid little car love it to bits there are now 4 of us with the polo GTI now go the polo lol.

gtigrl
17-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Yes yes ...just be careful of the cup holder :)

BLKMJC
17-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the family ;)

Did they change the cup holder design in the Polo from the MKIV? havent seen many problems with the IV cars and cup holders?

BLKMJC

gtigrl
17-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Not sure but Rob managed to destroy his pretty quick ;)

gtimk5
17-10-2006, 02:34 PM
They are totally different to the mk4 ones. Very plasticy too. The mk 4 ones are very good, I miss it in the mk5. Cup holders in the mk5s are best between the legs!!! Not a rude comment either!! :)

SidGTi
18-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I would just like to say hello and mention I too am a proud new owner of a black 06 Polo GTI! :)

I picked it up last friday and I'm always looking for excuses to take it for a cruise. My previous car was a 1998 200SX and although the little GTI is not as quick as the 200SX it makes up for it in other aspects. Very happy with it!!!!

Glad to have finally found a forum with fellow Polo GTi owners.

Anyone from Sydney perhaps?

PoloGTi
19-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Welcome SidGTI hope your happy with the little beats any thoughts about an APR Flash at ll might make you think twice twice about the 200sx comment ;). This is good to see so many polos out there now must be selling well in Aus. Any questions about anything please ask cheers Rob.

SidGTi
19-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks Rob!

Yes I saw the results with APR. I'm amazed at how much more extra power the GTI can gain with just a simple reflash of the ECU! Does it affect the factory warranty in anyway? Has anyone here had their ECU reflashed?

I think the GTI is a great buy! Not very many small cars out there can compete with it in the price bracket that its in. :D

PoloGTi
19-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah they are a sweet buy i have the APR 98ron map and so does GTIGRL best person to talk to is Andrew (gtimk5) as he is the tassie APR dealer or Guy Harding the main man of APR in Aus, for all the warrenty type questions. I got my polo in Dec last year and have had it APR tuned for must be 4 months or so i am just about up to 15 000k and the engine gets better with every k. Bang for buck cant go past the ecu upgrade love it. I am also in the next week or 2 getting some coilovers so will post pics and tell you guys what i think about them will be putting Audi S3 brakes on at the same time, the brakes lack a little bunch, also doing a few little visual things to mine, will post pics wed i think to show ppl. cheers Rob

vinderliker
20-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Good to see on board
James

Hi all!

Just thought I would introduce myself. Have had the Polo now for a month and luv the thing to bits.

Has been APR'd and other mods to follow I hope!

I live in Canberra and we have the German Autofest on this weekend so heaps of VW's in town!

Wen't on the VW cruise today and was the only Polo there. Where are they all!!!

I will have to go to the show and shine tomorrow and fly the Polo flag!

gtigrl
20-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Hello and welcome and mine is flashed so I say do it SidGTI its worth the moolah!

SidGTi
22-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah heard alot of good things about the reflash of the ECU. I definitely have to put that on my next wish list!

The saving has begun.....

Eddy
22-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Thanks Rob!

Yes I saw the results with APR. I'm amazed at how much more extra power the GTI can gain with just a simple reflash of the ECU! Does it affect the factory warranty in anyway? Has anyone here had their ECU reflashed?

I think the GTI is a great buy! Not very many small cars out there can compete with it in the price bracket that its in. :D
Hoyhoy.
Sid, about the warranty, if VW find out, I would say it's out the window. So the idea is to be quite & switch back to standard mode when you take the car in to you know where. May be were cutting our throats by saying what we do on here.
Whoroo.

gtimk5
22-10-2006, 08:58 AM
The local dealer down here send people to me if they enquire about computer upgrades. They know all the cars that have been done here. That doesn't mean that VW don't care tho!
The fact that you can switch the vehicle back to stock mode via the cruise button before taking it in for any work is a huge bonus.
My dealer is very supportive of this mod. Guess I am lucky! :)

Eddy
22-10-2006, 09:16 AM
The local dealer down here send people to me if they enquire about computer upgrades. They know all the cars that have been done here. That doesn't mean that VW don't care tho!
The fact that you can switch the vehicle back to stock mode via the cruise button before taking it in for any work is a huge bonus.
My dealer is very supportive of this mod. Guess I am lucky! :)
Hoyhoy.
I'am glad if I'am wrong.Thankyou.
Whoroo.

gtimk5
22-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Hi Eddy, if the vehicle goes back for warranty work and they can tell it has copped a caning then they will renig on some warranty things but providing that it looks like it has been driven with some respect then all should be ok. Of course, a broken driveshaft, bald front tyres or whatever is going to get them wondering....
All the vehicles that I have done here get the APR badge on the rear so we aren't exactly hiding the fact!!! Cheers, Andrew :)

Eddy
22-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi Eddy, if the vehicle goes back for warranty work and they can tell it has copped a caning then they will renig on some warranty things but providing that it looks like it has been driven with some respect then all should be ok. Of course, a broken driveshaft, bald front tyres or whatever is going to get them wondering....
All the vehicles that I have done here get the APR badge on the rear so we aren't exactly hiding the fact!!! Cheers, Andrew :)
Hoyhoy.
Andrew.
Really, I'm a car lover [ just ask the wife ] I've had a guilty conscience since taking the new girl down 1/4 at Eastern Creek. It's not going to happen again with this car. She now gets shine put on her nearly every day. About the badge that's a funny story, I put it on my nephnew's car & then driving home from Syd I found it back on mine. It got mailed back next morning.
Whoroo.