PDA

View Full Version : just a quick hello from the new guy...

irish dubber
23-10-2008, 08:12 AM
hey guys, as im a new member i just thought id say hi..im from dublin in irelandand im a keen gti follower since my first gti 4yrs ago.im 27yrs old and ive owened 2 mk2 gti,s an 8valve and a 16 valve. the 16valve was 100% original and the other was running a 2ltr. also owned a g60 corrado and i recently sold my mystic blue mk3 gti as im heading over to oz next month.. i look forward to heading to some of your shows.. and see what the scene is like.. if you could let me know whats coming up show wise id appreciate it. thanks very much, sincerely the newbie or matt. i reply to most things im called. if you fancy a look at our irish gti club site. go to www.vage.ie. its worth it trust me.

Jarred
23-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Are you coming over for a holiday, or to live?

Mrk_Mickey
23-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Hey buddy, welcome aboard. If you're going to Melbourne in November, make sure you don't miss DoVW! (day of the volkswagen)

irish dubber
24-10-2008, 05:04 AM
heading over to work for a year and see if i fancy moving ya know. have friends and family in perth and melbourne, so will see how it goes. plus im a mechanic by trade and i believe thier is work out in oz. thats the plan anyway. i wont make vw day but hope to hit sydney mid december. looking forward to good weather, good beer and some nice v dubs..cheers lads, talk to ya soon..will try and post some pictures of my car over the weekend. :):)

dubbed
24-10-2008, 07:53 AM
It should be nice and hot when you arrive in December!

Looking forward to the pics of your car :)

h100vw
24-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi, I reckon car mechanics are on the MODL list, in demand trades.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/skilled-occupations/occupations-in-demand.htm

At your age getting residency would be easy if you have 3 years work experience after an apprenticeship. Get all your paperwork in order to bring with you!!

Have a great time down here.

Gavin

irish dubber
25-10-2008, 02:01 AM
thanks for the replys lads. i feel part of the family already and im still in dublin..im qualified from my trade about 4&half years now. im going to chance my arm with you gavin. any jobs going??? ive always wanted to get into tuning gtis as a job. just not that many companies do it over here.may aswell work on something ya that your into..ya know. well ill leave it there.. talk to ya soon lads..have a good weekend!!!

irish dubber
25-10-2008, 02:14 AM
p.s. gavin. thanks for the modl website. appreciate it:):):)

KI11Z
25-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Welcome newbie ;-) i'm really dissapointed with your vage website, theres no mk3's :biggrin: well like a couple but are they not popular over there? and no one hear has stated that the modified dub scene here in Aus is very small, but is slowly growing so dont expect big things :duh: enjoy your stay though and hopefully we can convince you to stay :bigok:

h100vw
25-10-2008, 08:30 AM
p.s. gavin. thanks for the modl website. appreciate it:):):)

No worries mate. Not sure I can help you with a job though. I still have a day job and do the chipping on the side.

Think is though, if you don't mind what make of car you work on, you'll not struggle to get a job. The first one will be the hardest for sure but that's just the way it is here.

If you had main dealer experience, that would be the best route. I am not sure what form of licensing the car trades have. Jmac would know or you could check out the TAFEs for info.

https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/servlet/Course?VTEXT1=mechanic&Command=GetSimpleSearchResult&URL=%2Fservlet%2FCourse%3FCommand%3DGetSimpleSearc h&searchRef=qsearch

Gavin

irish dubber
25-10-2008, 07:40 PM
i have main dealer experience alright. 8 years working on opel which is the european version of holden, and a bit of nissan and honda.. so we will see how we go.. another irish club website is [url]www.vagdrivers.net, hopefully this might be better for some mk3 golfs.. enjoy