PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Dub This
19-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Hello,

My name is Sacha,male,20 years of age,reside in St Helens,Tas.Love dubs with a passion,do not own one yet but looking to buy about now.Looking for a mk1/2,3 or 5 door,mk3,3 door,vento or any thing else a bit obscure:).I have been keenly reading the forum for a few months now and enjoying it immensly and i will hopefully enjoy it for many more years to come.

Cheers for now.

Preen59
19-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Welcome to the forum, mate.

There's a stack of early golfs etc in tassie, and quite a few tassie residents on VWW that can steer you in the right direction of one i'd say. :)

(Hahaha, "Dub This".. Very nice)

Jarred
19-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the forum, and good luck finding a golf!

p.s. get a mk 1 :)

Dub This
19-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, and good luck finding a golf!

p.s. get a mk 1 :)
Cheers guys,yeah now i just gotta hunt down those early golfs.

gtimk5
19-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Huge welcome to you Sacha! Hope you enjoy it on the forum, we mostly are a friendly and helpful lot here. :)
So you are after a Golf? I sometimes have customers cars on the books for sale so pm me sometime and I will give you my details as far as finding you something.
St. Helens, beaut spot, Bay of Fires would be my fav place in Tassie!!
Cheers and welcome once again, Andrew :)

Dub This
19-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Many thanks for the warm welcome guys,cheers gtimk5 i will have to shoot you a pm off sometime and yeah i think St Helens is a nice spot.Bay of fires is great.Again many thanks to all.

evorobin
19-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the forum I've just sold a straight mk1 to TAS. Judging by the fact carsales has zero cars in TAS you might want to head to VIC.

There is a VW show in Melbourne on the 16th November and you always get good examples for sale at these annual events. That's my tip anyway :)

Golf Loon
19-10-2008, 04:57 PM
There are 2 Sciroccos for sale in Melb at the moment, if you want something obscure and cooler than a Golf. :duh:

Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around.

Dub This
19-10-2008, 05:36 PM
I would love to get to vic especially for the show but i cant get time off work by then,i've seen one of those scirocco's:biggrin: on car sales i think.Does anyone know how much transport from vic to tas would cost?

OEM G60
19-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Welcome mate, Robin should know about how much that would cost, would be cool if the Scirocco went to someone on here ! Good luck !!

gerhard
19-10-2008, 07:33 PM
I would love to get to vic especially for the show but i cant get time off work by then,i've seen one of those scirocco's:biggrin: on car sales i think.Does anyone know how much transport from vic to tas would cost?

Welcome to the forum.

To get a car over to Tassie is cheap if you fly here first and take it back on the boat, especially when the day sailings are on. $58 extra for the car, but only if accompanied. Sending it as freight means the Highway subsidy is not applicable, which makes all the difference.

If you know someone in the interstate freight game, the car can possibly be freighted at mates rates as well.

Dub This
19-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.

To get a car over to Tassie is cheap if you fly here first and take it back on the boat, especially when the day sailings are on. $58 extra for the car, but only if accompanied. Sending it as freight means the Highway subsidy is not applicable, which makes all the difference.

If you know someone in the interstate freight game, the car can possibly be freighted at mates rates as well.
I was meaning with a transport company or on the boat as freight,i would have to wait till i get holidays to bring one back on the boat myself.I could bring a car back over the weekend but i'd be pushing it and i don't want to do that.

86gti
24-10-2008, 11:29 AM
welcome mate. I'm down in tassie too!! :biggrin: