PDA

View Full Version : Which clutch

Gas
02-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey guys,
WOndering if you could help me. Got a golf with audi 80 engine and 5speed mk2 gti box on it. What u reckon the clutch would it be?

And where do u guys buy ur clutch from, i heard a diesel clutch can cost up to $300!!! sounded a bit pricey for me, but if i have to then i have no choice.

What u guys think? Need you guys expert opinions.

Thanks guys

aprr32
03-08-2005, 05:56 AM
$300 for a clutch kit for a 200mm dsl is about right, but I would probably go for a 210mm GTI clutch if you are going to drive you car hard(who doesn't). Give brian a call at GTI, he normally has clutches and reco flywheels in stock.

imported_brackie
03-08-2005, 06:43 AM
The diesel has stronger springing in the driven plate to absorb vibration and handle the torque. Would go well in a "pushed" petrol. $300 isn't exorbitant. Just cost me that at trade price for a PBR clutch kit for my Nissan Patrol.

Golf Loon
03-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Just be sure its the clutch and which size the old one is before buying the new one.

You can change just the clutch plate, which is cheaper, rather than buying the whole kit.

Is the car loosing oil? If the crankshaft oil bearing behind the clutch leaks oil onto the clutch it will drive ok till you give it some well, then it will slip.
Been there on the M25 in my scirocco. OILY~!

Try Mullers at Lakemba for a price. They can get old golf stuff.