PDA

View Full Version : i nearly threw in the towel

strukture
10-10-2008, 11:00 PM
hey all,
i thought it was about time to introduce myself... i've lurked around the forums for a while but have never posted before.

after searching through the forums, it seems that i own a vento that has been posted before: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=2035

i've had her for a little while now... but on inspection after a recent clean, i found some rust bubbles in the roof near the windscreen. i was pissed :x and decided that i would sell it and move onto a merc, or another rotor (two different worlds).

i can't bring myself to sell her though... so i think its time for some mods and tlc

i've got a couple of ideas that i'll photoshop when i get a chance, but first the before shot

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/10/vwvento-2.jpg

cheers for putting up with my ranting,
jay

phaeton
11-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Welcome Jay :D

We have a cruise tomorrow you should come meet the Adelaide crowd :)
We meet at Burnside Village carpark off of Portrush Rd @ 9.30am.

peedman
11-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Wow that looks so clean! U should check the door sill as well as thats where rust also likes to appear :frown:

Just a random note, can i have ur bonnet, lights and grill??? Trade for a golf one?? :wasntme::biggrin:

strukture
11-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Welcome Jay :D

We have a cruise tomorrow you should come meet the Adelaide crowd :)
We meet at Burnside Village carpark off of Portrush Rd @ 9.30am.

cheers for that... but i gotta work

how often do the sa crew go on cruises?

strukture
11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow that looks so clean! U should check the door sill as well as thats where rust also likes to appear :frown:

Just a random note, can i have ur bonnet, lights and grill??? Trade for a golf one?? :wasntme::biggrin:

i'll have to check em in the morning, thanks for the heads up

hehehe - worth a try, but i love the look of the vento's front end too

evorobin
11-10-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm in Broadview along Hampstead rd when you want to drop that baby on coilovers to do it justice :biggrin:

Edit you attending the cruise tomorrow?

strukture
11-10-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm in Broadview along Hampstead rd when you want to drop that baby on coilovers to do it justice :biggrin:

Edit you attending the cruise tomorrow?

where abouts on hampstead rd? i used to live in broadview and dont remember any vw joints around there.

btw - i am keen for coilovers in the near future, what am i looking at for a set? i'd have to run it past the minister of finance first ;-)