PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone!

LT484
09-10-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm so happy to have found a place with so many like-minded individuals :) I'm Lilli, from Canberra, and have been driving my '02 Golf GTI since July. I absolutely love it, and as it is my first decent car, I'm looking to make it a little more 'mine'.

It seems like I've found just the place for some great advice from fellow VW owners and enthusiasts and I'm looking forward to sharing my first modification experiences with you all. And, maybe even get to meet a few of you fellow Canberrans :biggrin:

Mischa
09-10-2008, 04:33 PM
hey there Lilli welcome to the forum. what mods dya have planned? the common ones are a 'chip' (computer remap/reflash), wheels and suspension. you'll be amazed at how easily we can spend your money :P

post up some pictures! (of your car :P )

Preen59
09-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the Forum, Lilli. :)

Hehe, i think i've just taken Phaeton's job...

Preen59
09-10-2008, 04:35 PM
hey there Lilli welcome to the forum. what mods dya have planned? the common ones are a 'chip' (computer remap/reflash), wheels and suspension. you'll be amazed at how easily we can spend your money :P

post up some pictures! (of your car :P )

How dare you steal my thunder, mischa! :eek: :brutal: :)

Mischa
09-10-2008, 04:36 PM
must take a while for the signal to travel all the way from broken hill or wherever you live :nana: :P

Lorenz
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Welcome Lilli! This forum is great for both advice/help and also general chit chat about our wonderful cars and other random crap!

Most people on here are really helpful and friendly and Im sure we all look forward to seeing what you have planned to make your car more yours ;)

phaeton
09-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Welcome Lilli :)

What kind of modifications are you interested in; visual or performance ?

LT484
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I actually haven't got any decent pics of my car yet.. it's booked in for a full detail in a couple of weeks after I get my gear boot replaced so I'll take some after that and get them uploaded.

As far as mods go, I'm a little constricted by dollars for the time being (isn't everyone!). Obviously I'd love to go all out but am just going to have to do things as I can afford them. Was told today after a balance & alignment that I will have to replace the shocks soon and front lower control arm.. :duh: Things on my definitely to do list are a set of 18s, new springs, a turbo back exhaust and a cold air intake. Maybe get the chip reflashed but I haven't looked too much into that yet. I'm expecting that all of the above plus the upcoming 120k service will cost me a good $7k at least.. especially living in Canberra as there isn't much choice and I haven't looked in to the savings if I drove up to Sydney for some stuff. *sigh* Cars are definitely money pits! Although.. at least the Golf is a good looking money pit :)

Oh, and thanks for all the hello's! :)

Preen59
09-10-2008, 09:37 PM
must take a while for the signal to travel all the way from broken hill or wherever you live :nana: :P

Oh.. Danger! :brutal:

DUB 20V
09-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I actually haven't got any decent pics of my car yet.. it's booked in for a full detail in a couple of weeks after I get my gear boot replaced so I'll take some after that and get them uploaded.

As far as mods go, I'm a little constricted by dollars for the time being (isn't everyone!). Obviously I'd love to go all out but am just going to have to do things as I can afford them. Was told today after a balance & alignment that I will have to replace the shocks soon and front lower control arm.. :duh: Things on my definitely to do list are a set of 18s, new springs, a turbo back exhaust and a cold air intake. Maybe get the chip reflashed but I haven't looked too much into that yet. I'm expecting that all of the above plus the upcoming 120k service will cost me a good $7k at least.. especially living in Canberra as there isn't much choice and I haven't looked in to the savings if I drove up to Sydney for some stuff. *sigh* Cars are definitely money pits! Although.. at least the Golf is a good looking money pit :)

Oh, and thanks for all the hello's! :)

man that seemes expensive for the service have you asked peter shelly at cvwc?

LT484
09-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I was told by VW at Phillip when I bought the car that the 120k service will probably set me back around $1200 or so, my $7k estimate included new rims, exhaust, shocks, etc. Does $1200 sound about right for the service or should I endeavour to speak with Peter about it?