PDA

View Full Version : Arian - New Mk4 Golf GTi owner

Arian
05-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone, stumbled accross this forum via google. I have just purchased my first golf GTi. Its a 1999 model with 97,000 kms, FSH, upgraded ECU, cam gears, intake, and a really silent exahust. All up I have 6k worth of receipts for these mods from the previous owner, muller stamps and mod description states 168KWs :driver:... All in all the car is very responsive, and am very happy with it.

My previous cars I have owned include, JDM Honda H22 Prelude, Honda CRX del sol, Championship white Honda DC2 integra type R and a Nissan 180sx type X.

I look forward to meeting some of the NSW members from this forum, and exchanging some ideas / thoughts on our cars. I will be looking for some nice wheels and possible suspension upgrades in the near future. I will also post some pics of the car when I get a chance to take some photos. At the moment is 100% stock on outside.

Arian

Mrk_Mickey
05-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey mate, glad to hear you've moved to VW's from the Japs! I like the sounds of your car; what colour is it?

Oh, and remember to put your location in your profile so people know where you are. Head on over to the Club Meets/Events section of this forum to see what's happening around you.

Jarred
05-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the forum Arian.

You'll have some stiff competition for the hottest looking mk 4, there are already a few in NSW!

Good luck :D

dubbed
05-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Sounds like you got some really good mods taken care of! Get onto suspension next because the MKIV is built around comfort and has very soft suspension. Some coilovers and a thick/adjustable rear swaybar will help tenfold!

Also, why the change from the Jappers?

goodfella
05-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Arian,

welcome to the VW fold! Hope to catch you on a cruise!.

Cheers,

evorobin
05-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Welcome to Watercooled your car isn't red is it?

rayray086
05-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Welcome mate :) There's gonna be a cruise through Putty Rd to Morpeth on Sunday, you should come along!

Welcome to Watercooled your car isn't red is it?

Are you thinking about Adrian's previous car??

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/10/CIMG6118-1.jpg

Mischa
05-10-2008, 11:00 PM
dont think its adrians old one cos that one had closer to 200 on the clock?

you must live around the corner from me, being in chatswood! post up a picture of your car and ill keep a look-out for ya :driver:

and yep check out the meets section for this sunday's cruise. we're meeting at 10am at paramatta park at the park avenue entrance. theres also a detailing workshop on saturday which is 40$, again in the meets section.

Arian
06-10-2008, 10:23 AM
HI guys, thank you for the warm welcomes!

I def look forward to meeting you at the next cruise, I will try and make it. hopefully the wether will become better...

My car is red, but it is nnothing like Adrian's car... Mine is completly stock on the outside... I love that front grill on Adrian's car.... Let me know where I can pick one up.

I do not have any pics of the car as yet. The carsales ad has been removed, so cantg even post the link on here.

DUB 20V
06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
hey mate i am adrian, damn we have close names lol, that grill on my old car is a carectere kit. i sold it a while ago i thought you bought it also, oh well keen to see your car good to see another mk4 gti owner :):)