PDA

View Full Version : DP Chip

cioannou
04-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi,

I am a new owner of a new touareg V6TDI and just love driving it. In fact I love it so much I enjoy being stuck in city traffic! Compared to previous 4WD I have owned this thing just hammers, but would really like a little more power.

I have a few questions around the DP Chip. Does anyone in the group own one and if so can you share you experiences with it.

Thanks

Con...

shogun2
04-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Which DP chip are you referring to?
www.diesel-power.com ?
or some other chip?

sparky
06-10-2008, 03:38 PM
You could look at the Oettinger upgrade ..see their website

cioannou
07-10-2008, 08:48 AM
I am looking at the chip from www.dpchip.com.au

http://www.dpchip.com.au/vehicles.html?appSession=385122477555431

It is made in australia and they have good testimonials onthier site (what would you expect!)

Thanks

Con...

Transporter
08-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Hi,

I am a new owner of a new touareg V6TDI and just love driving it. In fact I love it so much I enjoy being stuck in city traffic! Compared to previous 4WD I have owned this thing just hammers, but would really like a little more power.

I have a few questions around the DP Chip. Does anyone in the group own one and if so can you share you experiences with it.

Thanks

Con...

Try undo your handbrake.:)

Moonan
16-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Ask over on Club Touareg, there are quite a few of us with DP chips - particularly on the less-powerful R5 engine. Your V6TDI would seem to have all of the power you'd need (from my perspective), but I know that the power any car needs is "just a bit more than it has".
The DP chip certainly does a good job (certainly more power, maybe less fuel used), and does not affect any "genuine" VW controls in the car. The only negative from my point of view is that the fuel usage parts of the mfi display will tell lies, as the DP chip changes the duration of each fuel injection pulse and so results in a different amount of fuel being injected at each cycle than the carefully metered amount that the computer calculates when working out your economy figures etc...

Welcome and congratulations on your new Touareg!