PDA

View Full Version : Barloworld Five Dock - any good? (warranty)

NickZ
22-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Have some gearbox issues with my car and need to take it back to a dealer to get it looked at. Can anyone here give feedback on warranty work by Barloworld Five Dock?

goodfella
23-09-2008, 12:28 AM
ask for Darren McConville!!

JIEG
29-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Barloworld VW (regardless it is Mascot or Five Dock) is crap. I have asked number of warranty repairs for my Passat but they haven't fix anything right. I had to go to another dealer for the re-repair. Moreover, the level of service and attitude of some employees are even crapier.
For warranty repair, I recommend Chatswood Classic.

Arctra
29-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Barloworld VW (regardless it is Mascot or Five Dock) is crap. I have asked number of warranty repairs for my Passat but they haven't fix anything right. I had to go to another dealer for the re-repair. Moreover, the level of service and attitude of some employees are even crapier.

I second that motion!
Recently had an issue with my Bora and wasn't impressed with them. The one guys favourite quote was "Oh, think that might have to be ordered in from Germany". In truth he had no idea as the inventory guy had plenty in stock. They were more pricey than Chatswood Classic Cars too.

I also found the attitude of one of their sales women less than impressive. So much so that I chose not to buy my Tiguan from them, even though they were offering free extended 3 years warranty.

I have had a few calls back to the service department at Chatswood Classic Cars in Artarmon and am impressed. If they don't know something they'll politely let you know and will go and try find out for you so they can give you a factual answer. The inventory guy was quite open on whether he had parts in stock, how long he'd expect to wait to get them if he had to order, and was basically helpful. Didn't wait for you to ask 1000 questions in order to get the info you wanted, they tried to understand what I wanted and give the answers and options. Their labour costs quoted were also more reasonable than Barloworld.

In summary, avoid Barloworld like the plague if you have a choice. That's just my opinion though.

mikinoz
29-05-2009, 12:01 PM
It is strange, as I have nothing but good experiences from Five Dock. Each person has their own expectations, but mine were exceeded and warranty work carried out in a professional manner.

We service through there, which helps, as they know you are not just using them for warranty work.

There are no awesome dealers in Sydney, you need to head further out to find such traditional service.

mikinoz
29-05-2009, 12:03 PM

Please make some more valuable contributions and a possible introduction in the new user section before going to town with such a scathing opinion in your first post please.

neil
29-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Is this member on here.

http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic.php?t=35561

NickZ
29-05-2009, 01:38 PM
That relates to Mascot, I have heard some funny stories come out of them. I bought my car through them and I found them good.

Barloworld have been pretty good in fixing warranty claims for me.

AC1982
17-06-2009, 03:07 PM

I agree with that. Barloworld Mascot should definately be avoided, I was looking at buying a used Jetta last week so I went to Barloworld Mascot, they had one on the lot, it would not even start up and the attitude of the workers there is very arrogant.

I take my car up to Chatswood Classic Cars just off the Pacific Hwy, they are very professional and have been more than willing to fix my warranty claims etc.

Vdubya
18-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Never approached Barloworld Five Dock for a vehicle service, but i can comment on their sales department who insisted that i leave a deposit to test drive their GTI, and refused to allow me the priveledge.

Needless to say i sought my business elsewhere, and bought an R32 the same very day. Customer service appears to not be in the list of priorities.

andrew
26-06-2009, 07:13 PM
sales and service dep are crap even though they let me take 2 demo models home for 2 weeks (1 week each golf tdi & jetta tdi ) got the car serviced there once got the car back without the battery cover and never got it back had do buy a new one they removed my dash to fix some sensor that kept going off like a cd changer even when car of but ign on and way after one day i look under and find theyve cracked most of the plastic which the screws tighten over i can go on and on dont go there personelly cant recomend anyone good luck with you serch
five dock