PDA

View Full Version : ultimate golf mag

hill billy
30-07-2005, 11:54 AM
While waiting for my yaki soba and gyoza to be cooked for lunch, I decided to take a walk to the newsagents, I have'nt bought a car mag for years, there on the shelf was one shiny copy of performance VW's, collectors edition, volume 1 of, Ultimate Golf, 162 pages of nothing but Golf's, all types but alot of Mk1's. I'd recomend running to the nearest newsagent and grabing a copy if they have it.

gotrice
01-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah I had a quick look and found that all the MK1's in the magazine had been in other VW publications and that, as it is a British effort there is zero tech info and lots of name dropping of different bling workshops in the UK. Who honestly cares about that stuff? For me if it dont tell me how to go faster I'm not interested. I was not impressed and wont be parting with money to take it home with me.

Golfwise
01-08-2005, 10:04 PM
I have been buying VW mags especially Golf type ones for years and I think they are finally losing the plot.
Too much bling for use of a better word and not enough grass roots stuff.I may flick through them in the shop and only buy a good one if that ever happens now.
Shame !!!!!

Golf Loon
01-08-2005, 10:58 PM
I`ve got a few max powers and revs featuring golfs from the early 90s and they featured golfs built by blokes in sheds. These days they all advertise workshops and tuning places. I reckon some schmick aussie built bad boy golfs would go down a treat. Theres a target to aim for guys.

evorobin
01-08-2005, 11:34 PM
I subscribed to the golf in 99 and didn't renew it. TBH mostly the same stuff in different colours ie mk2 with flat tailgate, single wiper, BBS, Coilovers and a Huge air filter...some of the diy articles were really interesting if you don't have a huge knowledge of golfs.

evorobin
04-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I'd recomend running to the nearest newsagent and grabing a copy if they have it.

What month?

Edited to say I found June and that wasn't it....

alex g
04-08-2005, 07:11 PM
the golf and pvw rule as well as a few german tuner mags,