PDA

View Full Version : Skoda RS alarm

Bob
19-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Dear Guys: Anyone there knows if Carminder can be fitted to Skoda RS with factory build alarm. I am thinking at least the car alarm horn output can be used to a relay for triggering carminder. I have been trying to locate the horn of the alarm with no success. Anyone there knows the location of the alarm horn in Skoda RS.
Many thanks

Guy_H
19-09-2008, 08:23 AM
It probably best to talk to the alarm manufacturer - the Skoda's alarm is the same as fitted to pretty much all VW's & Audi's - so they should hopefully be able to offer advice toi you!

Good luck!

mrgolf
20-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Do you think this is maybe over capitalisation? Most yobs wouldnt know what a Skoda was, and even if they did, they wouldnt bother stealing it... I like the anonimity...

DanSA
20-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Goood point, and a test OS found that the RS was one of the hardest cars to break into anyways.. :moonie:

Tip #1 :- when you fill up with pretrol with yr kids in the car , turn the motion sensors off... The amount of times I've forgotten and the thing has gone off in the forecort it's embarrasing.. :duh:

Maverick
26-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Dear Guys: Anyone there knows if Carminder can be fitted to Skoda RS with factory build alarm. I am thinking at least the car alarm horn output can be used to a relay for triggering carminder. I have been trying to locate the horn of the alarm with no success. Anyone there knows the location of the alarm horn in Skoda RS.
Many thanks

It's located in the drivers side wheel arch, pull the wheel off, remove the plastic and it will be up the top towards the drivers door. Of course this is where it's located on the golf etc. It could also be in the passanger wheel arch.

Set off the alarm or use vagcom to run a siren test (even chirp on lock/unlock would help) to work out in which wheel well it's located. The siren is monitored but you should be able to hook a relay up, you can adjust the sirens operation so use a wide ranging ranging relay (3-12v for example).

gregozedobe
27-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Tip #1 :- when you fill up with pretrol with yr kids in the car , turn the motion sensors off... The amount of times I've forgotten and the thing has gone off in the forecort it's embarrasing.. :duh:

Better still is to double click the lock button. This locks the car (but it isn't deadlocked, which means people can still get out of the car in an emergency), and also doesn't activate the alarm at all.

This assumes you have the standard lock/unlock configuration set up for remote operation.