PDA

View Full Version : Another Bora to the Fora

BoraBora
17-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi Peops,

Hoping to pick up my 2001 Bora V6 4Mo tomorrow! boot lid wont open...dealer looking into it Muwhahaha!

Lots of great information here, made me really confident I picked up a good buy!

No plans for any mods atm. mind you Haldex and sway bars sound very interesting

Regards

Nic

Golf Houso
17-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the forum! Nice car you have, although may I suggest installing a more free flowing exhaust as those Bora's sound like pure evil once tinkered a little bit, as seen here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDpcWqGPAA0&feature=related

Ahh a Fairfieldien from another state, lets hope you suburb is nothing like mine lol ...

Mrk_Mickey
18-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Hey mate, nice pun with the thread title haha. Welcome to the wonderful virtual world of the only real VW forum to whore on:D

Have fun!

anthony
18-09-2008, 07:50 AM
I am sure you will love your Bora,congratulations.Its a great car,in the right colour...IMO.
What car are you coming out of.
Which dealership did you buy from...and how much mileage has it done.
What did it cost.
Give us your impressions of it,as well as post more pics when you can.

dubbed
18-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Well done on the purchase! They're definitely one of the best value cars you can pick up in today's market and there is a plethora of a cars priced to sell so that's saying something.

If it's the one in your sig it looks like a beauty. Pics ASAP!

BoraBora
19-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi again!

Picked up my Bora today...Got it down the freeway for a spin tonight. It's Love!

Got it from Prestige Warehouse in Fairfield - Vic. They have been awesome!

$18600 including the 19in rims, new tyres, 10 months of reg, Oil and filter service, RWC, 5 year unlimited KM warrenty - as long as its serviced every 10k/6months by anyone reputable. 1 year of roadside assist. Delivery transfers etc. It has done 177k kms, but hey its a VW! and they mostly highway Ks.

Coming out of a 924 with a Canon Pipe, was thinkin I might miss the sound of it. Undecided on that yet, the stock bora sounds pretty nice and I like the sleeper idea. That youtube link was semi inticing, bit too loud for me thou ;p

Yup, thats my baby in the sig!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

WABIT
19-09-2008, 06:36 AM
hey mate welcome,

i aint that far from you mate i live in reservoir

the 4 motions really do pulll once opened! great lookin car too

us melbourne blokes have a monthly meet going on every 3rd monday, you should check it out sometime :)

dom

goodfella
19-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I love the wheels, almost considered a set in 18, but after seeing yours, I want 19's too. Awesome choice, it's a great car to drive!!

Dave