PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Adaptors

ILOVEGTI
15-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi,

Looking at getting an ipod adapter for MY08 GTI golf. I know you can get a genuine one, dice, xcarlink and dension. Any other ones that I should consider? I'm leading towards the Dice adapter. Any advice/recommendations?

Cheers

Zed!
18-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi,

Looking at getting an ipod adapter for MY08 GTI golf. I know you can get a genuine one, dice, xcarlink and dension. Any other ones that I should consider? I'm leading towards the Dice adapter. Any advice/recommendations?

Cheers

Denison Gateway 500 is supposed to be pretty good. There's also the VW optional IPOD adapter. You do know that your GTI has a 3.5mm jack, so you can buy a $5 cable and plug your IPOD into it that way. Downside being you have to operate the IPOD functions through the IPOD and it doesnt charge it.

projectsplat
18-09-2008, 11:41 AM
There's also the VW optional IPOD adapter.

any idea on how much this costs / part number? I am keen to find out if it will fit in an 06 Audi A3...

eidt: apologies. I am still trying to suss out the shared VW / Audi parts thing.... cause the adaptor from Audi costs $495.... :eek

allypally
18-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Try here
http://www.advancedice.com.au/

projectsplat
18-09-2008, 11:56 AM
ooh. just found the genuine thing on VAGparts for US$132

that might do the trick...

Zed!
19-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Fitted I think the VW adapter is $380, just to purchase in Oz it's $280. I think there are some instructions on the net on how to install yrself. Dont think the VW is highly rated. There are better products out there on the market and probably cheaper.

ILOVEGTI
19-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Denison Gateway 500 is supposed to be pretty good. There's also the VW optional IPOD adapter. You do know that your GTI has a 3.5mm jack, so you can buy a $5 cable and plug your IPOD into it that way. Downside being you have to operate the IPOD functions through the IPOD and it doesnt charge it.

Yeah I'm aware of that but I hate it how you can't control it by the stereo or steering wheel controls!

leftfooter
07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Dont dismiss the xcarlink too quickly. Its cheap, about $130, easy to install yourself and has full control from head unit and steering wheel. I just installed one in my passat and I am more than happy. Dension quoted me over $400.

Zed!
09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Dont dismiss the xcarlink too quickly. Its cheap, about $130, easy to install yourself and has full control from head unit and steering wheel. I just installed one in my passat and I am more than happy. Dension quoted me over $400.

Have u got a link to website? Also does it wire in to the back of the stereo?

stewarthou
12-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Which version of xcarlink should I choose for Golf Pacific's original audio system?

And does the xcarlink that is listed on www.xcarlink.com.au support ipod touch 2G(charging function)? On the UK's website, there is a option to support latest ipods.