PDA

View Full Version : GAP rocks!

Pullstarter
15-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Ordered some VR6 parts from German Auto Parts on Wednesday night and they arrived this morning!!! How fast is that?? :eek: Highly recommended seller and reasonable shipping prices, which is rare in the US.

dubbed
15-09-2008, 09:12 AM
That's good service! I just wish they stocked as many parts as ECS Tuning :(

Tim
15-09-2008, 09:28 AM
what parts did you order? Their service is definately fantastic.
Reason I ask is that I did get some mounts from them a while back. listed on their site as "oem" but they ended up being chinese made ones. has anyone else had a similar experience? I was expecting the product to be german made.
Not wanting to cause a fuss. Just relaying my experience.

Pullstarter
15-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Ordered some cooling parts Tim, all were listed as OEM and the parts that arrived are definitely genuine. Could be just a one-off stuff up?

Tim
15-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah perhaps. Thats kinda why i brought it up. To see if anyone had the same concern.

peedman
15-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I dont think theyre that fab, whenever i order they never let me know how much shipping is or when they ship it out. They just bill and ship ...

Tim
15-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Ive always thought their communication was excellent!

Peter Jones
15-09-2008, 11:10 AM
All good from here. I've palced several orders now and I'm very happy with the service.

I'd like to support local businesses but no-one here publishes their inventory lists or is open when I need them to be. I don't have time for endless phone calls during the day trying to track down parts only to find there's no way to collect them.

Even when I do manage to source something locally GAP is usually cheaper, even including the postage.

Pete

Tim
15-09-2008, 11:13 AM
I like to source my parts from Peter Jones where I can.
He is always happy to help and service and parts are 1st rate!

The_Hawk
15-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Every time I have used them they have been quick with great communication. Got emails of the invoice's and all that. Will be using them again next time I need a few parts.

Mrk_Mickey
15-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah my first order was a bit delayed because of miscommunication on both ends, however the parts arrived at the right time according to their send date, so all was good:) and cheap too! Quite pleased

OEM G60
11-10-2008, 09:18 AM
How have you guys ordered from GAP ? Do you fill your cart then email them what you want ? I went to order and couldn't get my address/change country.

The_Hawk
11-10-2008, 09:47 AM
I have always ordered through their cart, put in all the details I could in the normal fields but added the full address in the "special instructions" field for good measure. Never had an issue.

rayray086
11-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I've written an email in detailing the items you want. I just wrote down the items I want followed by the appropriate link (since they don't list product numbers down).

OEM G60
11-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Cool, i'll try that, cheers !!

tassie_euro_mk1
12-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I have always ordered through their cart, put in all the details I could in the normal fields but added the full address in the "special instructions" field for good measure. Never had an issue.

Yea i do the same as hawk. I have done about 4-5 orders through GAP. never had a problem. their shipping prices are fair and their communication is spot on. I always like to ask for an express shipping quote and a 'normal' quote, cos especially with small items the express i have found can be $2 more expensive and get to my door in about 4 days. can complain with that :)

I have just done an order of about $800 with a package weighing in at 9kg. got here in about a week.

great guys. Ive got so many GAP stickers now lol.

The_Hawk
12-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Yea i do the same as hawk. I have done about 4-5 orders through GAP. never had a problem. their shipping prices are fair and their communication is spot on. I always like to ask for an express shipping quote and a 'normal' quote, cos especially with small items the express i have found can be $2 more expensive and get to my door in about 4 days. can complain with that :)

I have just done an order of about $800 with a package weighing in at 9kg. got here in about a week.

I always go express post, it's usually less than a week turn around and the cost is very reasonable, especially for international post.

OEM G60
12-10-2008, 08:28 PM

My order was about that too, how much in postage did you pay ?

I've ordered like you guys too, and asked for a normal and express post quote .....

tassie_euro_mk1
12-10-2008, 09:47 PM
mate i paid about $270 in postage.

not too bad considering the prices of some of the items here are alot pricier.

OEM G60
12-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Sounds pretty good to me, hopefully mine should come to around that.

Cheers.

RedMk2Gti
14-10-2008, 06:52 AM
They have a beta site which can handle international order. I've got this reply from them :-

Hi Eric:

Thanks for your inquiry. You can place the order by putting something
in the state box (NA will work) and then put your complete
international address in the "special instructions" box if you cannot
fit it into our US format. Or, you can use this new version of our
website that has an improved international checkout designed for
international addresses:
http://www.germanautoparts.com/beta/

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance,

Mark

Peter Jones
14-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Only problem with the Beta site is that the inventory isn't aligned between the two systems yet. There's more items available through the old site at the moment.

On the last order I used the new site and added some items that were only visible in the old site by listing them in the comments.

I let GAP know about the mis-alignment, I'm sure it will sort itself out eventually, just be sure to check both systems if the part you're after isn't listed.

To be fair my last order was an oddball mix of BMW, Mini and Golf 1,2 3 parts!

Excellent turn around times if you use the express post option.

Pete

tassie_euro_mk1
17-10-2008, 03:14 PM
order of mine just came thro. yes another lol...

VR6 front lip and other various parts. the box was a decent size (cos of the lip) and it came in about a week with postage being 40 odd US dollars. pretty damn good i reckon.

at the moment my N# 1 place to sorce parts. I always check gap first when looking for parts cos 98% of the time they are cheaper

rayray086
09-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Haha found this pic on another forum:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/IMG_4059-2.jpg

I think it should sum up customer satisfaction!

Peter Jones
09-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Haha found this pic on another forum:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/11/IMG_4059-2.jpg

I think it should sum up customer satisfaction!

That's Gold, someone out there loves them as much as we do!

Pete

RedMk2Gti
10-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Their beta site comes live now ..

http://www.germanautoparts.com/