PDA

View Full Version : DSI - Twin charge Diesel Golf

Stoney!
15-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Hey just thought I'd chuck this one up, never rely on the media for fact however I hope this is true, talk apparently of a twin charge Diesel (DSI) Apologies if this is already in discussion.

As expected, VW has lowered fuel consumption (by up to 28 percent) using a lineup of new turbocharged and/or supercharged diesel (DSI) and gasoline (TSI) engines. According to VW, in its thriftiest DSI/DSG trim, the new Golf will get up to 52 mpg. That puts the 2009 Golf into hybrid territory, but isn't surprising based on what we've seen in the Jetta TDI.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10007960-48.html

Also posted here (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=20605) because it fell under two headings lol

Stoney!

Greg Roles
15-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Geez, I'd love to see that! Been my secret dream since I got the TDI, to supercharge it : ), but given the complexity, I'm more likely to go LPG. Still on Bio, with a supercharger I could be totally independant from the bast#rd oil companies, and still have a ball!

The last VW magazine interviewed the main engineer guy ( forget his name ) and he mentioned the next diesel advancement would be a twin sequential turbo, as this gave the best results on the testbed, and no turbo lag!

I have to admit given the fact a blower is all bottom end, whereas a turbo is mid to top, why more diesels aren't supercharged. Perhaps it's cost, or perhaps the greater wear of a blower...hmmm...

Bottom line is it'd be a hell of an oiler!:biggrin:

DSGMAn
18-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Hell yeah!

Imagine supercharger/turbo with your favourite additives...LPG/H2/Bio...with no lag and great power, plus awesome economy! If it works well with Bio alone, you could well say goodbye to Oil companies forever.. Im excited! Twin turbo also sounds interesting....gonna do some research.

GoLfMan
18-09-2008, 08:49 PM
interesting concept, man i love the faaaatttt spread of torque i get its fantastic :D i can only imagine with a supercharger aswell!