PDA

View Full Version : Big to small mk2 bumper swap??

GOLFBALLS
12-09-2008, 10:03 PM
HI.
I'm putting a new small GTI rear bumper on my big bumper mk2 GTI. I've noticed that the sliding mounts on the sides are different and part of the rear wheelarch on the big bumper cars.
Before i go taking my rear wheelarch trims off for the old small bumper ones, is the hole for the old style small slide mount still there underneath?
Anyone got any of the round mount things?:frown:

DUB 20V
12-09-2008, 10:46 PM
HI.
I'm putting a new small GTI rear bumper on my big bumper mk2 GTI. I've noticed that the sliding mounts on the sides are different and part of the rear wheelarch on the big bumper cars.
Before i go taking my rear wheelarch trims off for the old small bumper ones, is the hole for the old style small slide mount still there underneath?
Anyone got any of the round mount things?:frown:

im sure i have some std small bumper mounts, i went from small to big bumpers when i had my mk2, i know that the std small bumpers have 1 holr to hold it on, the big mk3 bumpers have a much bigger plastic bracket to hold the bumper up, it has 2 smaller holes

GOLFBALLS
12-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Ha i'm an idiot! The rear arch trims arent actually part of the plastic slide on clip mounts. The big bumper ones are bigger with two holes attaching them to the body.
The small bumper ones have just the single round 'top hat' shaped grommet thingy that the bumper sides slide onto.
It turns out that the top hole from the big bumper grommet/mount/bracket is the same hole the old round small bumper grommet goes.
Its hard to describe... i'll go take some pics...:biggrin:

DUB 20V
12-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Ha i'm an idiot! The rear arch trims arent actually part of the plastic slide on clip mounts. The big bumper ones are bigger with two holes attaching them to the body.
The small bumper ones have just the single round top hat shaped grommet thingy that the bumper sides slide onto.
It turns out that the top hole from the big bumper grommet/mount/bracket is the same hole the old round small bumper grommet goes.
Its hard to describe... i'll go take some pics...:biggrin:

i know what you mean its all good:biggrin: