PDA

View Full Version : cable conversion on o2a box

DVR68U
10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
hey guys i have the seat cable conversion for my clutch on my mk2 vr , and it worked well before when i fitted it first except the bracket was bent and i couldnt get into 2nd gear as the weight was hitting on the cable bracket bit. (because it was bent to be closer to the slave arm) i bent it all back to be stock spec between the cable stop and the slave arm, and now i can get 2nd but now my clutch pedal engagement is right at the end up high and the car slips in gear like the clutch isnt enageing fully. anybody else have the problem of the cable seeming to be too short . i have the ABF cable from the 16v. and i have the cable on the top notch on the clutch pedal atm..
any ideas
cheers brenton

h100vw
10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Sorry Brenton, I have no experience of the cable operation on this box. I don't think the clutch arm is bent inside the box because you'd have a low not high pedal.

It sounds like there isn't enough slack in the cable to me. If you can't get a different one then you could modify the one you have. You need to shorten the outer of the cable.

Gavin

Golf Loon
10-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah I reckon shorten the cable too. There are 2 positions on the clutch pedal, so see if you can hook it on higher up. Also there is a black spacer that the cable goes through in the raintray, to the padalbox. You could remove or shorten that too.

DVR68U
10-09-2008, 10:28 PM
yeah im on the highest setting on the pedal, ill have to try the bit in the rain tray first , then i might have to resort to cutting the sheath down abit. the cable is non adjustable isnt it matt. its a self adjusting type
cheers brenton

Golf Loon
11-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Its adjustable, just self adjustable. :duh:

I wonder if you could use a 1.4 Ibiza one which is manually adjustable.

DVR68U
11-09-2008, 08:49 AM
yeah they reckon you can use a 1.3l golf 2 one which is prob the same , ill have a look when i pop by 2day.

gldgti
11-09-2008, 04:30 PM
or a mk1 one...

tommymac
15-09-2008, 04:38 PM
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1060826

this is just FYI