PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone (new to this site!)

brad elwood
10-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey everyone,

How are ya's?!

Im brand new to this site, and after much discussion ive decided to keep my 2002 2ltr VW Golf instead of selling and buying a WRX wagon :)

Now my questions are (this maybe the wrong thread) where in sydney does lowering (of a decent quality) of VW Golfs and does anyone know of costs involved? Ill also be looking to get wheels for my golf, would 19's be too big? Or could you even go 20's?

In future i may be looking to upgrade and install a turbo etc, but thats well in the future!

Thanks guy n girls

Brad Elwood :driver:

static1800
10-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Questions like that will be best served in the particular model forum.

Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Mischa
10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
19's are fine on a mk4 but probably the limit. 20's look like a monster truck imo.

lowering... well you have a few options: you can go with just springs (bout 400$) or you can go for full height adjustable coilover suspension (2k+). Dragan at InMotive can help you out.

welcome!

Mrk_Mickey
10-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Welcome aboard buddy, I speak for everyone here when I say we want to see pics! Enjoy your stay, I'm sure you'll find lots of wonderful knowledge down in the mk4 section.:)

Oh, and by the way I reckon 19's is maximum for your car and I reckon you should look for coilovers :) They is good stuff.

brad elwood
10-09-2008, 09:03 PM
howdee guys.

yes i added a thread on in the mk4 forum, and getting some great info!

Thanks for all your comments and i think ill be looking into coilovers and maybe 18's or 19's for the golf :)