PDA

View Full Version : Dutch passat lover

Vdub
09-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi all vw fans

my name is remco and at the moment I live in the netherlands. I grew up in brisbane but haven't been there for about 10 years now.
The VW scene here in Holland is huge and we do loads of modifications on our vehicles.

I've just started to get into the tuning thing seriously this past 6 months (it's so addictive) but I keep getting more and more ideas.

My car is a 1.9TDI stationwagen with 130hp (next week new chip and 180hp!!!!:biggrin:). I have removed the catalytic converter with a new downpipe, the EGR has been removed and the car has been dropped 3cm with thanks to eibach coil springs.
The latest mods are PDC (park distance control), HID xenon lighting, aftermarket grill, comfort blinker, W8 interior lighting, and neon lights to keep your feet out of the dark.

If you look closely at my car you can probably guess what my next big investment is. As soon as this is realised I will post some more pics.

dubbed
09-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Welcome aboard mate! Why the move from sunny Brisbane all the way over there?

Nice car, maybe some nice rims for the next upgrade? Isn't it illegal to remove the cat over there?

Vdub
09-09-2008, 10:14 PM
In holland the cat on a diesel isn't checked during the yearly roadworthy test. they only check the emission and with the egr removed it isn't a problem. friends from the dutch forum have driven for years without a problem. As for the move, I guess the need for adventure and work and family and eventually a very nice woman.

Here's a picture of my first car here, a lovely mk2 golf Fire and Ice edition 1.8 8v. beautiful car that was damaged by the missus.:shock: I had to sell this car with pain in my heart because it was everything I wanted. It was me! any way... it would cost too much te repair and that was that.

but now....I'm a happy man.:dance:. next week I'll have twice as much power as the golf had. okay the car is a little heavier but it's fun garanteed!

keep you updated.