PDA

View Full Version : Winton Sunday 28th September

nawtee
08-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey all, just wondering if anyone is actually racing at Winton for this event. I'm hopefully heading for a look on the day, so would be cool to see some VW's on the day! :driver:

dgd1600
29-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Personally - I'm not going, but do have a bit of an issue with the way these things are happening. I've heard they are a good day and in fact ( subject to confirmation ) you can even have a passenger in the car for part of the time.

However it would be interesting to know how much of the entry fee ( if any ) is finding its way into the organisers pocket vs the track coffers. No problem you might say, and you are 100% correct, however as previous days have been organised by a member of the winton staff ( or so I have been led to believe ) I wonder if they are getting the track for the same price you or I or a club member might pay when renting it.

Some interesting issues here, and as I say all is subject to confirmation. Excuse this political announcement - I'm just a little annoyed at the drop in support for Winton club members of late - call me bitter and twisted, but I believe in a fair go for all.

If however you can separate yourself from the political crap similar to what i've tabled; I've heard they are a great day with plenty of track time.

Water Boy
29-09-2008, 01:53 PM
The pits need a bit of loving...

Oneofthegreats
29-09-2008, 02:36 PM
The pits need a bit of loving...

What's wrong with the pit's?

They looked pretty bloody good two week's ago!