PDA

View Full Version : Vw Golf Gt Sport Tdi

sixtyniners
02-09-2008, 10:06 AM
hello peoples,
my wife and i just bought a 08 Golf. after the first free service i would like to intercool it with water to air and the chip it up to put some more horses in the stable.... if anyone can give me some tips and hints on where to source all the required bits ill need for our new toy. will have some pics soon.

thanx Ted

Mischa
02-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi ted; you'll find the most restrictive thing in your car is the dpf (diesel particulate filter) you're on the right track with the intercooler and chip just compliment it with a nice exhaust to get rid of the extra heat youll generate with more power. oh and my other recommendation is to find a place who will do a custom tune for you rather than just a generic reflash. and welcome! nice car

Greg Roles
02-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the forum Ted,

Plenty of chip options out there, some of the better known ones such as Ottenger also have a warranty option.

Water intercooling is a path I am in the midst of, and am doing so in parallel with the stock air to air for now. If a flow test shows the air to air to be particularily restrictive, well things will be re-routed. I got a KTM50 ( kids mx bike ) radiator to mount behind the passenger fog shroud area ( by cutting out the back between the ribs on the fog area plastic garnish ), a Ford SUV intercooler pump off e-bay USA, a plastic top up tank from the USA, and am planning a Plazmaman diesel water intercooler. PWR make some nice compact cores as well. Alternately there are plenty of e-bay options, but I feel quality in that area is paramount.

You could always use the stock air to air as the water cooler come to think of it!!

Hmmmmm, much tinkering to ponder.....

Welcome to the oily side of the Force!

sixtyniners
03-09-2008, 08:29 AM
does anyone in brissy do real time tunes for my golf gt sport 2.0 tdi?and i have added my lil pic