PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the forum

Golf Loon
18-05-2005, 09:09 PM
A New forum waiting for users. We can make of it as we will. It is a fresh sheet waiting to be written upon, a virgin awaiting despoiling! :twisted:

Welcome to all Golf owners and other VAG car owners.

Ive got a Mk1 being fully rebuilt and a Mk2 daily driver. I love Golfs and Audis and have owned loads of em.

Anonymous
21-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi.. Everybody>. crazygee Here.... MK1's??? have owned over 100.. I do them up..sell them,buy them, restore them,wreck them,,, modify them,,,u can guess i'm MAD about them...Also drive Fast 88' Gti 16v fro south africa 2litre motor in it...,, feel free to ask me any related questions...P>S... have currently at least 20 Mk1's projects complete cars,, sum 3 dr's alot 5dr's ,,sum with a/c for sale.plenty parts too. cheers G :)

crazygee
21-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi guyz.. stuffed up allready.. had to post with a slightly different name>. OOPS!!! crazyg is crazygee is ME!!!! cheers everyone... be Happy.. :)

imported_brackie
21-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Hi.. Everybody>. crazygee Here.... MK1's??? have owned over 100.. I do them up..sell them,buy them, restore them,wreck them,,, modify them,,,u can guess i'm MAD about them...Also drive Fast 88' Gti 16v fro south africa 2litre motor in it...,, feel free to ask me any related questions...P>S... have currently at least 20 Mk1's projects complete cars,, sum 3 dr's alot 5dr's ,,sum with a/c for sale.plenty parts too. cheers G :)
The classifieds are set up already! Go for your life!

crazygee
22-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanxs Peter;)

GoLfMan
23-05-2005, 06:27 PM
hi guys, i own 2 mk1 golfs... one 4 door and one 2 door. looking to race the 2 door any tips ? :D also gotta get the 4 door on the road by end of next year :D i love my golfs and have been looking for people who love em as much an i do :D

imported_brackie
23-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Welcome, Golfman. Anyone who loves their watercooleds is alright by us. Keep on posting! First Golf I owned was a Mk1 '76 3 door (that was back in 1979). Went like a shower of s**t and left Holdens standing at the lights. Sold it in '82 as the family grew and bought a Passat wagon. Almost as quick!

Anonymous
23-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeh my 3 door is a 76 model and the 4 door is a 77 model, both go like showers of s***. i love em both to death. :D solid little things. nice and eas to work on to! 8)

GoLfMan
23-05-2005, 09:58 PM
the above post was mine.

Red Mk1
26-05-2005, 07:01 PM
"Hi.. Everybody>. crazygee Here.... MK1's??? have owned over 100.. I do them up..sell them,buy them, restore them,wreck them,,, modify them,,,u can guess i'm MAD about them...Also drive Fast 88' Gti 16v fro south africa 2litre motor in it...,, feel free to ask me any related questions...P>S... have currently at least 20 Mk1's projects complete cars,, sum 3 dr's alot 5dr's ,,sum with a/c for sale.plenty parts too. cheers G"

you must really hate golfs...and have like no money to spend on them :wink: wow! :shock:

black betty
27-05-2005, 10:19 AM
hi love all VAG cars too

have had 2 mk2 golfs

first one had 3a (2.0) fitted with diesel gearbox- nasty!

still own my 87 8v gti 2 dr- unfortunately she sits in a storage in uk

now own my first aussie golf- mk1 76 2 dr

its got a 1990 8v gti motor - with a solex carb (soon to be weber)

all time dream dub would be mk2 g60 syncro 2dr- with a 16vg60 conversion-mmmm

gldgti
31-05-2005, 10:58 PM
heheeeee!

Yeah, same goes, i love em all too. but most of all the diesel golfs.

Why diesel? well, they are sooooooo nice to work on, and the infrequent visits to the fuel pump make me soooo happy that the thought driving anything else makes me a little uneasy in the hip pocket......

then again, i dont seem to mind pooring money into mine still....hehe

anyone ever turbo'd a 1.5 diesel?

cya

aydan

DVR68U
31-05-2005, 11:04 PM
hey all just thought i would say hi, been into the vw since i first got my old mans beetle as a paddock basher back when i was in yr 4. Then he got a '94 vr6 when they came out and since then ive been addicted . currently have a '61 '68 '72 beetle, '76 '79 '94vr6 golf.
i drive the vr6 everyday with a chip and no exhaust which golf loon knows about :wink:
but im currently working on my '76 to make as a daily while i take the vr of the road for mods when i can afford them :twisted:

lets make this site as useful as vortex
cheers brenton

Golf Loon
01-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Yeah mate, lets make this site as useful as vortex. There is a lot of knowledge base on this board and with more people joining and finding out about us, it can only get better.

Yeah guys, this blokes VR6 has a pipe sticking out behind the drivers door. It is VERY lound. My neighbours liked it :? :D

GoLfMan
01-06-2005, 05:37 PM
chuck some pikkies our way :D in the post pic of your car forum!!

imported_brackie
02-06-2005, 06:54 AM
heheeeee!

Yeah, same goes, i love em all too. but most of all the diesel golfs.

anyone ever turbo'd a 1.5 diesel?

cya

aydan
Not recommended unless the motor is in tip-top condition. Factory turbo Golfs have extra lubrication to the pistons, oil coolers and an uprated exhaust system. You would also need a turbo injection pump with a barometric compensator. The 1.5 motor is a great lump but suffered from poor crankcase breathing and drainage from the cylinder head to the sump. 1.6 motors have a larger drainage hole at the front of the head and later models have a oil splash baffle covering the camshaft and an oil trap on the cam cover. As 1.5s become worn they suffer from blowby and the combination of this and oil mist from the cam cause them to "runaway" using the oil as fuel. Pretty scarey experience, I can tell you! I have modified the breathing on my 1.5 to combat this, but really it's waiting for the time that I can rebuild the motor.
This post belongs in the "Diesels" forum! So I'll copy it and post it there too.

gldgti
06-06-2005, 07:25 AM
hahaha - been there done that with the blowby etc...., but interesting nonetheless. i have read about the lack of oil jets etc, but not about the extra large holes in head etc etc, thanks for the info.

always knew it would be one for the too hard basket really...

sorry, didnt realise there was a diesel forum....

cya all

aydan

Roscoe
13-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi everyone, just found this site from someones link on ebay! I have a MK2 GTi 2 door, it was my daily driver when I was living in U.K. but is now set up for track work. Good to see that there are others out there who appreciate that there is more to VW than Beatles! (no offence to beatle owners)

peter_j_g
15-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi,

I've "experienced" this too! Like you say, really scary. Seems to happen most often in very hot weather after a long period of idling eg Sydney summer traffic jams! One touch on the accelerator and off she goes - have to be quick to dump the clutch to kill the motor before it explodes.

Any tips to fix this will be much appreciated! Other alternative is to rebuild the engine...

Rgds, Peter

imported_brackie
16-06-2005, 06:58 AM
I'll put a thread into the main "Diesels" forum.

20v kit car
16-06-2005, 08:15 PM
congrats for the golf forum, i think all types of vw's need a speacialized forum...can't wait to share knowledge and experiences cheers steve