PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Supplier A+++++

golfaki
24-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi all, just thought I would share this as I found the process to be pain free....... Highly recommended!!!

The place is called Roadrunner Motorsport and they are in the UK, link to their website:

www.roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk

I ordered my Milltek cat back on a Monday night by phone and received it on my door step Friday Midday (Melbourne). Now to the cost; As you guys would already know they are asking for quite a bit down here in OZ for a Milltek I got various silly quotes however through these guys it cost me as follows:

"Email quote"

Yes I can take the vat off the exhaust;
£348.95 -17.5% = £296.98
Carriage £175.00

TOTAL DELIVERED £471.98

This was insured with a tracking number and I paid over the phone with credit card.

Their contact email is sales@roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk

When/If emailing them, direct your emails to Charlotte (she was a great help, & I told her they would be recommended here in OZ) and If you like mention that Theo from Australia referred you.

Anyways there ya go, If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, l believe this is quite cheap for a Milltek delivered........

Cheers

VW GTI
24-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Who did they use for shipping?

Treza360
24-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Hmm don't tempt me like this.
Looks up:
Free Flow Exhaust Manifold
Hi Flow Sports Cat
Cat-Back Resonated

Mischa
24-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Looks up:
Hi Flow Sports Cat
Cat-Back Resonated

get some ITB's and huge cams on that sucka! :D

VW GTI
24-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Looks up:
Hi Flow Sports Cat
Cat-Back Resonated

Would you prefer we tempted you like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4XvqGvjrQ

:D

Treza360
24-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Would you prefer we tempted you like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4XvqGvjrQ
:D
Been there, drooled over that. :):biggrin:

golfaki
24-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Who did they use for shipping?

Parcel force, think they are one of the biggest in the UK.....

RedMk2Gti
25-08-2008, 01:49 PM
TOTAL DELIVERED £471.98

Cheers

That'll be over 1K, did you get caught by our friendly custom ?

VW GTI
25-08-2008, 04:57 PM

That's $1,005.68 AU at current exchange rates lol... just over $1k.

gareth_oau
25-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I understand the limit for customs is $1000. i dont know how hard they apply the rules, but you could be up for customs clearnace, import duties and GST also.

If its not too late, you could ask the supplier to write up the paperwork a little more generously....

edit: just noted, youve already got them DOH.

golfaki
25-08-2008, 06:34 PM

No additional charges where applied, I do know that when international Shippers, forwarders, couriers etc give you a quote they do ask for the value of the item/s to be shipped along with all other details. I believe that a big company like parcel force would include all clearance/customs charges in their price as they would handle that being that they provide a door to door service.

Might be different if you were to get it through ebay or something, not too sure.......

gerhard
25-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Wishful guessing here, maybe, but would customs/GST be levied on the value of the item excluding the freight cost?

Someone might be able to clarify this.

VW GTI
25-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Nope the $1000 limit includes postage. There is a thread about it in the general forum.

Treza360
25-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Nope the $1000 limit includes postage. There is a thread about it in the general forum.
I'm still interested about that. I can't remember what was on the last package as to whether the declaration and everything that it had on it had the shipping price as well? We'll see in the next few days. :)

gerhard
25-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm still interested about that. I can't remember what was on the last package as to whether the declaration and everything that it had on it had the shipping price as well? We'll see in the next few days. :)

No need to wait, just did a quick Google, and this link clarifies it unambiguously.

GST is payable on the value of the item + postage cost + any customs that is payable.

http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/gstnat3124012006.pdf

sukebe
25-08-2008, 09:11 PM
No need to wait, just did a quick Google, and this link clarifies it unambiguously.

GST is payable on the value of the item + postage cost + any customs that is payable.

http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/gstnat3124012006.pdf

To add to this, you are liable for IMPORT DUTY (15%) if the the GOODS are valued over $1000. IF you are liable for import duty, then you are also liable for GST. GST is calculated on the goods + postage + customs. I have found that things coming by DHL and UPS have gone under the radar, but surface mail gets stung (thats my experience).

spiff
26-07-2009, 10:25 AM
sorry to dig this from the deep.
i'm looking at importing stuff through priceusa.com.au (recommended here - http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=29365.
there is a feature where they can consolidate all your various purchases and send it at one go. if it all adds up to over $1000, do i get pinged for the 15% import tax? would it then be cheaper to get them to send it over in multiple packages? i wonder if they can declare the value to be less than $1000.