PDA

View Full Version : gti polo

dublover69
24-08-2008, 12:39 AM
i have had my gti polo for nearly a year now and it gets better by the day. The more you drive the better it gets!!!!!! from hyway driving to around town nothing beats it. My sister has a tdi golf 2.0 ltr and my best friend has just gone out and brought the gti golf and she loves it (not as much as her husband)LOL he just luvssss the power! VW"S in my town are over looked as sports cars but that is changing as a few people around town have have had no choice but to well just watch as they pull away from there falcons and commodors LOL its all in fun but some times you just have to do it!

DaveMack
24-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Welcome to the forum, dublover. Totally agree with you about the Polo GTI ... just keeps getting better. :biggrin: Hope you enjoy the forum and ask any questions you need answered. Maybe there'll be a VW get-together near Mildura sometime. I moved your post to the Newbies corner ... hope you don't mind.

Cheers,
Dave

Mischa
24-08-2008, 12:28 PM
hey there welcome. good on ya for buying a vw in the land of commodores and falcons :D

Mrk_Mickey
24-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Welcome aboard. And x2 on what Mischa says. Polo's handle tons better than boats *coughs* i mean, commodores or falcons.

Let's see some pics of the ride!

dublover69
24-08-2008, 10:10 PM
cheers for that and yer they are boats!!!!! i just laugh at them now

dublover69
25-08-2008, 09:50 PM
just need to ask a couple of questions, my left hand speaker vibrates when the music has a bit of base i am guessing there must be some thing wrong as the others dont. do you now if this is covered in the warrenty or will i have to deal with it my self? how does your polo go now that its tuned? does it go threw alot more fuel? am thinking of getting apr to chip mine but need some advice first. any help would be great cheers

RhysQ
25-08-2008, 10:20 PM
hey there,
welcome to the forum.

there are several threads on VW interior rattles. you will find most of what you are looking for by using the search tab and if its not what you are after, go ahead and ask. as for the left speaker, there is a really recent thread with some one having a similar problem and apparently it is warrantable. have a look at this thread and you can probably get some info and ask some Q's in there...http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=19895&highlight=speaker+rattle

as for the APR chip, i have the same one and absolutely love it. it can be switched off using the cruise control stalk and is virtually undetectable to VW mechanics. Obviously if they go looking for it they can find it but i dont think anyone has had a problem with it as yet. the uprated power and torque is amazing and its like driving a completely different car. the car never feels like its straining. apparently after being chipped the Polo is meant to use less fuel (under conservative driving) but i can't say i've ever really taken any notice, someone else can fill you in on this one. i assume when pushing it hard it would use a lot more fuel.

Bubu
25-08-2008, 10:28 PM
just need to ask a couple of questions, my left hand speaker vibrates when the music has a bit of base i am guessing there must be some thing wrong as the others dont. do you now if this is covered in the warrenty or will i have to deal with it my self? how does your polo go now that its tuned? does it go threw alot more fuel? am thinking of getting apr to chip mine but need some advice first. any help would be great cheers

Welcome to the forum!

I cant say I have personally done my own fuel consumption tests. But I believe they use more fuel if you drive them harder (when chipped). More moost = more fuel.
Having said that I remember reading somewhere on the forum that some chips (maybe all, cant remember) actually give you better economy on highway cruising. If you do a search on this you will find info about consumption and anything else you may want to know about getting the car chipped.
Also, just a word of advice. If you have questions, then it would be best to post them in the relevant area of the forum. You will probably get better advice/feedback/answers if you post in the relevant area. :toast:

dublover69
26-08-2008, 12:26 AM
cheers rthanks for that am new at this site so still getting used to were to go to ask questions and all that thanks

Whubbsie
26-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey dublover welcome

I've got exactly the same rattle, going into the dealer today to get them to check it out plus some other weird noise that happens when shifting... bit worried cos of my APR but should be fine.

Get it chipped it turns from a great car to bloody awesome little beast, though I got mine done straight after I took delivery (1 hour later) I've switched it off a few times and the difference is huge.

If you get it done before the end of the month APR has a special where you get extra software for the every day price.

dublover69
27-08-2008, 12:53 AM
i have checked the noise out with my dad and he is a sound freak and he thinks i am going over the top but as i explained to him this is a euro car sound system and it should not vibrate! he suggested that it sounds like some thing is near the woofer *uck that they can fix it will let ya now. with the chip i will have to go to melbourne to get it but am thinking i am going to as i just want that little bit more power and well to be able to lift the finger at the boats around here as i flog them up to 120 but then they just pull away