PDA

View Full Version : Needed - Respectable Mechanic/garage in Sydney

Jondarren
20-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi guys,

Am in need of a good service for my MK3 Golf GL. I'd like to take it to a mechanic or garage that has a good reputation for VW so if anyone has any recommendations, that would be great.

I'm based in Bondi but work in St Leonards just past North Sydney so can take the car either place.

Look forward to any help i can get.

Thanks

Jon

fuzion
20-08-2008, 08:14 PM
jon, i live in the city (near cbd).. i head to Sebastian @ EuroAutomotive near Parra in Girraween (About a 25m drive) .. wouldnt recommend him any higher if i could!

Alternatively you have MTM/TCCA guys in Atarmon, also Derek from EuroAutotech (also recommended) but he is in Mona Vale.

Otherwise Jade Auto Repair in Rosebery (recommended too) as well.

Golf Loon
20-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Steve Natoli who works at Chatswood Classic does after hours jobs and lives at 5 dock. I can hook you up if you need mate.

Also Wolfsberg Motors at St Peters are excellent.

Mrk_Mickey
20-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Sorry Loon, but I have to say that after a friend of mine has had a very hard time with Steve Natoli (after three weeks of impossible contact) he's had to go to Seb. He did sell me my car and hasn't been trouble for me, but I'm just speaking on behalf of a very frustrated friend.

Jondarren
21-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the recommendations guys.

I've got the car booked in tomorrow morning at TCCA in Atarmon. Had a quick chat and told him a few issues i've had with the car, and that it needs a good service. He said he'd draw up a list of different levels of service and costs and we'd go through it in the morning and choose what i'd like done.

Very courteous and helpful. Here's to getting a sweet job done and having a healthy car back on the road for the weekend!

J

Jondarren
22-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Well, service has been done and on the short drive home all seems to be good. Found a perished hose that could be causing the stalling issues i was having, so hope that's solved it.

TCCA were very helpful, and asked me at every stage before undertaking any work. Both Milan and Ben were nice guys too and had time for a chat.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Jon

Golf Houso
22-08-2008, 03:58 PM
did you have the car vagcomed or scanned?

Golf Loon
23-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Well Camden GTI do damn fine work at the best price, but if you cant be bothered to drive here from the city and many can, you have to pay more:biggrin:

Jondarren
25-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah, they ran the VAG COM on it and no issues other than the Cam sensor, which it seems might be causing the car to run lumpy still, and has given me a few issues on starting. Turning over, but not firing so it's going back in for a check.

And i know you do a top service Loon, but its hard to get to you in the week when i have to be at work! I'll be back :)

did you have the car vagcomed or scanned?

RedMk2Gti
25-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Well Camden GTI do damn fine work at the best price, but if you cant be bothered to drive here from the city and many can, you have to pay more:biggrin:
Do you want to work with my Mk1, Loon :)

gordybug
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
for what its worth quixspeed north sydney are a great prestige / euro repairer with all the gear, i ve never had a problem there

66-72 Pacific Hwy North Sydney NSW 2060 - map
ph: (02) 9957 2559
send to mobile
Motor Engineers & Repairers » Select to view category

Pirate_Monkey
05-09-2008, 09:37 AM
jon, i live in the city (near cbd).. i head to Sebastian @ EuroAutomotive near Parra in Girraween (About a 25m drive) .. wouldnt recommend him any higher if i could!

Alternatively you have MTM/TCCA guys in Atarmon, also Derek from EuroAutotech (also recommended) but he is in Mona Vale.

Otherwise Jade Auto Repair in Rosebery (recommended too) as well.

Another vote for Derek from European Autotech (http://www.europeanautotech.com.au/)! Only thing is that he's located a little further out North in Mona Vale.

Johnnyk MkIII vr6
11-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Guys,

I will have to agree with Golf Loom - my vr6 gets serviced at wulfsberg motors, jan is a good honest mechanic, and really knows his stuff. Not the cheapest going around but you know he will do it right. I was reffered to him by a pal..

Im also in the bondi area, it's a 15 minute drive to st peters.

Cheers.
Johnny k

Golf Loon
12-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Do you want to work with my Mk1, Loon :)

I`d be happy to doa any work to your Mk4. I`ll do the Mk1, but the hourly rate is higher than for the Mk4. Or We can supply parts and you can tinker away at home.
Matthew