PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Paint got hairline scratches everywhere!!!

GoLfMan
13-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Dad though it necessary to wash the TDI with a scourer (who knows what was going on in his head at the time!!) and now the TDi has hairline scratches everywhere

how the HELL am i going to get them out?!?!

thestu
13-08-2008, 10:38 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!?!?!? why the hell did he do that! its like using 800 grit sandpaper! ::ASHVHTYASBJBKJU!GK*!&IW%!&*W&()!W(\

get some cutting compund and a buffing wheel...start buffing man.

GoLfMan
13-08-2008, 10:50 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!?!?!? why the hell did he do that! its like using 800 grit sandpaper! ::ASHVHTYASBJBKJU!GK*!&IW%!&*W&()!W(\

get some cutting compund and a buffing wheel...start buffing man.

havent got a buffing wheel but have cutting compound ;) could do it by hand :duh:

thestu
13-08-2008, 10:55 AM
i'll go ya halves in buying one...

i need to get one anyway...

and they are cheap anyway.

Mrk_Mickey
13-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Dude....get your dad to take it to a detailer to get a cut and polish!

Golf Houso
13-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Dude....get your dad to take it to a detailer to get a cut and polish!

Yeah I'd do the same. It'd be worth paying the money as he'll probably do the job well and only do it once...

GoLfMan
13-08-2008, 11:43 AM
i'll go ya halves in buying one...

i need to get one anyway...

and they are cheap anyway.

sick, are you at home today?

The_Hawk
13-08-2008, 01:16 PM
A Supercheap job will most likely die before you finish the car (or so I'm told), but they will replace it pretty easily in most stores.

A Ozito from bunnings will set you back $30 - $40 and isn't half bad, it's sort of like a sander/polisher almost a grinder... But with a polishing pad or too isn't half bad.

Personally I tried it once or twice and gave up and ended up doing it by hand. Maybe it's my control of the unit, maybe I don't know how to use it... if you were in Sydney I'd say come and borrow mine and see how you go :D Still for that price it's a new tool in the garage so it's all good :D

GoLfMan
13-08-2008, 01:40 PM
sweet, ill check out bunnings, cbf spending the big bikkies, what cutting compound should i use?

DMS_Dan
13-08-2008, 07:43 PM
cheap s**t tools, pads and product will return cheap results. To do it properly you need propper pads such as edge and proper polish like menzerna. best off sending it to final inspection and getting it done properly. Will cost you a few hundered but

thestu
13-08-2008, 08:27 PM
this problem was fixed today by spending under $50 with a glass like finish :D

GoLfMan
13-08-2008, 09:00 PM
and LOTS of elbow grease j: