PDA

View Full Version : suspension suggestions

antinora
11-09-2006, 12:21 PM
thinking about upgrading the suspension all round... need stiffer in back and any suggestions to what i should get ? and pricing ?

ausgolfer
11-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Many options, many brands,
Konis, standard's(shocks), sports(shocks adjustable), ride/height adjustable coilovers, ride/height adjustable Konigsports coilovers.
Eibach springs with another uprated shock (probably konis).
Bilstein, shocks with a combinatioon of springs, or height adjustable coilovers or ride/height adjustable coilovers(PSS9).
Boge turbo gas shocks.
King springs
Apex springs.
Loads of combinations.
Really depends what you want to achieve and how much you want to spend.
You can also uprate your antiroll bars and bushes.

In my car at the moment I have standard front suspension and Koni shocks in the back with the standard springs and poly bushes all around. It goes well but still rolls a lot and is higher than I want it. So I've oredered a set of DMS ride/height adjustable coilovers.

ausgolfer
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
If you only want stiffer in the back and not lower, I'd recommend a pair of koni shocks with your standard springs, and possibly an antiroll bar.
But be carefull buy stiffening up only one end of the car as it can upset the balance. I know my car steps out a lot when I push it too hard into corners and can be difficult to catch.

joshyd-mk2gti
11-09-2006, 03:30 PM
In my car at the moment I have standard front suspension and Koni shocks in the back with the standard springs

same as what ive got.

kw v2's go for just over 2k, iirc. thats what id like to get one day.

antinora
11-09-2006, 05:42 PM
far out.... well my car rubs at back with two peopl in the back seat so i think i need new springs but i dont know ...

i dont know much about suspensions so i'm on here for suggestions so i dont get ripped off hopefully lol

ausgolfer
11-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Shouldn't rub unless you have bigger wheels on it??

antinora
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
ahh yeh i have 15s.... it drops at least an inch when one person gets in the back,

what do you guys have in yours , i dont want to spend heaps i just want to spend a little but have reliable and nice riding suspension

evorobin
11-09-2006, 11:39 PM
I've got some Weitec coilovers due any day for a mk2. $1500 shipped to you. Might be over budget maybe?

gtimk5
12-09-2006, 07:19 AM
As I said last week, you need to get your suspension and bushes checked out straight away. From what you were saying it sounds dangerous!:?

antinora
12-09-2006, 04:57 PM
when i got nrma check they said to check the cvs and bushes aswell just havnt had the time... been getting worse lately lol so have to make time it seems