PDA

View Full Version : How do you get the inlet manifold off

GoLfMan
23-07-2005, 06:06 PM
im trying to get the dam inlet manifold off. what are those round bolt that look like they connct the manifold to the block? help anyone please. cheers.

Anonymous
23-07-2005, 06:42 PM
6 mm socket head cap screws, use a 6 mm allen key to undo them..

GoLfMan
23-07-2005, 07:19 PM
sweet thanks mate

peter_j_g
23-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Allen key works OK, but a 6mm male socket is better - you can get more leverage, and be sure that you are properly aligned to the bolt. Clean the bolt heads out properly so the socket can be fully inserted. If you strip the bolt socket you have a problem! Alternative is to cut 20mm off your allen key, and put it in a normal socket.

GoLfMan
23-07-2005, 08:06 PM
yeh hopefully i dont strip the bolt otherwise itll be a bit hairy :shock: im not sure we have a male socket but im sure with a trip to bunnings we can solve that problem :)

i need some longer bolts so i can fit the lynx manifold. do u happen to have any?

GoLfMan
23-07-2005, 08:41 PM
also.... 2 of the bolts actually came out of the manifold (as they are double sided thread) and the other 2 stayed in is that bad.

peter_j_g
23-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi,

Doesn't matter if they stay in the head if you are using a manifold than uses the same length. If you need longer bolts then the old ones have to come out - shouldn't be too hard as there is nothing really holding them now!

You might have to get longer ones made up. Don't try to use ones that are too short - there won't be enough thread in the head to hold them.

GoLfMan
23-07-2005, 08:58 PM
yeh im serching around atm for some longer bolts... so they will come out without too much fuss? i hope they do i wish i had some local help :(
cheers