PDA

View Full Version : Programmable Remote

tezza
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Morning guys,

Well finally picked up the car yesterday .......ahhhh man it is so goooooood

Can't wait to take it out and give it a good workout.

Have a question though, in reading the manuel (yes I actually read it ) I see there is a part listed as an option of a Programmable Remote. Now i do not have this was never listed as an option but wondering if you can get this added on.

I have 3 different remotes in the car and this would be a great convenience.

Any ideas guys or does anyone know of something similar I could buy?

tezza

gregozedobe
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Have a question though, in reading the manuel (yes I actually read it ) I see there is a part listed as an option of a Programmable Remote. Now i do not have this was never listed as an option but wondering if you can get this added on.

I have 3 different remotes in the car and this would be a great convenience.

Any ideas guys or does anyone know of something similar I could buy?

Is it by any chance referring to the remote that comes with the auxillary diesel heater (common in europe, not so common in Oz) ? If so, that would only take your tally of remotes to four (but give you the option of getting into a warm car on a cold morning) :)

tezza
01-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Is it by any chance referring to the remote that comes with the auxillary diesel heater (common in europe, not so common in Oz) ? If so, that would only take your tally of remotes to four (but give you the option of getting into a warm car on a cold morning) :)

No nothing like that does not get that cold in the city :) it is as per the attached image. (B) on the overhead consol of the Touareg. Have been doing some googling on programmable remotes but bugger all here in Oz. get plenty OS but not willing to take the chance it does not work, especially when you consider that each of the doors I enter use, "Rolling Codes" ho hum nice thought.

Logzy
02-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Thats the Homelink.
In the Golfs its available built into the visor, but not here in Australia as usual.

tezza
06-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Thats the Homelink.
In the Golfs its available built into the visor, but not here in Australia as usual.

Yeah thats right Logzy "Homelink" I would have thought that if it is available in europe and the USA someone would have come out with a generic or an OEM accessory.......maybe I should look at China they copy everything :wasntme:

gregozedobe
06-08-2008, 05:00 PM
.......maybe I should look at China they copy everything

Or these days, make the originals :)

Logzy
07-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Yeah thats right Logzy "Homelink" I would have thought that if it is available in europe and the USA someone would have come out with a generic or an OEM accessory.......maybe I should look at China they copy everything :wasntme:

If you want one then you can get them off Ebay sometimes or from TM tuning, maybe even kufatec or OEMPlus

benough
08-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I did some research on this and the frequency in the homelink was in a completely different range to my australian made garage door. Also my garage door has a 'rolling code' a security measure that the homelink cannot perform.

One solution was to buy a smaller rolling code remote from Tandy, I think Rhino was the brand and stick it to your driver door etc.

Hope that helps

tezza
08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Yes, after much research I have come to same conclusion, homelink does not work in Australia thus why it is not bought in here. Thanks for the tip on the Rhino but it is no good either as all my doors use hoping codes. got one fron Jaycar on loan to try ...... no go.:frown:

In the USA there are various ones available so going to see if I can get one on appro as it were. You pair them to your equipment (much like a mobile) and you are off, it does however bugger up if someone has used the other remote cause then the code changes and your remote does not know it ....opps: :duh:

les88
09-08-2008, 08:46 AM
the remote that came with the garage door, I have mounted in the plastic loop on the rear of the sun visor
les