PDA

View Full Version : Im in love

murfy49
01-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I grew up in country Victoria where the emphasis is either holden or ford take your pick nothing else. well maybe a jap car or two. Since moving to the big smoke (Gee that sounds HICK) my mind has broadened and i have since fallen in love with the VW group vehicles. My current ride is a 1998 A4 Quattro with the 1.8 Turbo engine. Driving that i had no hope of falling head over heels.

I can see this being the start of a long relationship.

Brisben
01-08-2008, 10:44 AM
I grew up in country Victoria where the emphasis is either holden or ford take your pick nothing else. well maybe a jap car or two. Since moving to the big smoke (Gee that sounds HICK) my mind has broadened and i have since fallen in love with the VW group vehicles. My current ride is a 1998 A4 Quattro with the 1.8 Turbo engine. Driving that i had no hope of falling head over heels.

Where is the big smoke for you ?

Mrk_Mickey
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Nice work man, good on you for NOT driving a holden or ford :biggrin: and welcome to the site

Jarred
01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Nice car by the sounds of it! how bout some pics ;)

Any plans to mod her?

Russ59
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
My last Ford really lived up to it's name Fix Or Repair Daily :frown:

murfy49
01-08-2008, 08:32 PM

I so love driving this car down the great ocean road.

Geelong is the big smoke for me

It runs an MTM turbo back exhaust and im not too sure but maybe a computer upgrade from them aswell.

Its funny how many people are shocked at how quick it is

VR6child
01-08-2008, 10:05 PM
nice car. bet that stands out in your area. thumbs up for originality. i get pretty tired of seeing commodores, falcons, magnas, and camrys. man that gets boring quickly.

Jon_Vr6
01-08-2008, 10:42 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=18894

cant be that long if your selling it

VR6child
01-08-2008, 10:59 PM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/08/VerboseLolWut-1.jpg

murfy49
02-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I meant with VAG cars not that car.

Im sick of working my ass off to pay for that 1 thats why its for sale

If u feel like paying my loan out I would be only to happy to keep it

Nice bunch of people round here!

Mischa
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM

aww common they were just playing, the internet is a nasty place this is actually one of the friendly corners :)

murfy49
02-08-2008, 12:10 AM
don't worry i don't care what people think im just not letting them get away with any crap. I've been reading a lot of threads and seems like a lot of people who arn't quite as smart as they claim to be.

Preen59
02-08-2008, 12:10 AM
aww common they were just playing, the internet is a nasty place this is actually one of the friendly corners :)

He's not kidding. Last week i clicked a wrong link and almost lost a kidney!

Luckily everyone is very friendly around here. :biggrin:

Mischa
02-08-2008, 12:13 AM
don't worry i don't care what people think im just not letting them get away with any crap. I've been reading a lot of threads and seems like a lot of people who arn't quite as smart as they claim to be.

lol shhh dont tell them ;)

Preen59
02-08-2008, 12:15 AM

Hahahaha! Woah way to get offside with everyone straight up! Most people on here are pretty good and down to earth. :) Just ignore the rest if it bothers you.

murfy49
02-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Well actually im not really sorry. Its who i am. I just call it the way i see it. I started a thread about hillclimb cars and for some reason people are saying get a wrx and other silly (for a VW site) suggestions.

Mischa
02-08-2008, 12:20 AM
you didnt like my suggestion? and they made some valid points about the awd drivetrain. and if you knew already what is good hten why ask the question in the first place? :?

Preen59
02-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Well actually im not really sorry. Its who i am. I just call it the way i see it. I started a thread about hillclimb cars and for some reason people are saying get a wrx and other silly (for a VW site) suggestions.

Hahaha Yeah i saw that. Don't worry too much about that mate. Good on ya for standing up. :)

murfy49
02-08-2008, 12:31 AM
you didnt like my suggestion? and they made some valid points about the awd drivetrain. and if you knew already what is good hten why ask the question in the first place? :?

Nothing wrong with your suggestion except the part i wrote about "relatively cheap"

Im not a complete newbie when it comes to cars just to VAG.

I didnt know what volkswagens were good for motorsport thats why i asked. Since i posted in that i have done lots of research courtesy of a private message somebody sent me that didnt want to get involved in the thread due to people jumping on other peoples input

what made u think i already knew what was good?

DaveMack
02-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Are we gonna have to do the neutral corners thing in here? Play nice, kids.

Dave

Mischa
02-08-2008, 01:23 AM
its all good dave we're being good kids :D

Russ59
02-08-2008, 09:00 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Forums. Mate it doesn't matter what Forums you go onto (and I have posted on a few) there will always be someone who will try to pi$$ you off or chuck in a smart comment. You don't even have to say the wrong thing, some people just get enjoyment out of casting out a baited hook (if you follow me) the secret is not to swallow it !!! Also before some smartar$e can pick you up on something else just take care not to contradict yourself with what you post. I'm not having a go at you, but I just noticed in your 'AD' where you are selling the Audi that you said you were selling due to joining the Air Force but in retaliation to one of the comments made you say it's due to being 'sick of working your ar$e off to pay for it '. Just relax and enjoy your visit, because I believe there is a lot more "Wisdom" on the Forums than "Wankers". :)

Russ

murfy49
02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi,

Welcome to the Forums. Mate it doesn't matter what Forums you go onto (and I have posted on a few) there will always be someone who will try to pi$$ you off or chuck in a smart comment. You don't even have to say the wrong thing, some people just get enjoyment out of casting out a baited hook (if you follow me) the secret is not to swallow it !!! Also before some smartar$e can pick you up on something else just take care not to contradict yourself with what you post. I'm not having a go at you, but I just noticed in your 'AD' where you are selling the Audi that you said you were selling due to joining the Air Force but in retaliation to one of the comments made you say it's due to being 'sick of working your ar$e off to pay for it '. Just relax and enjoy your visit, because I believe there is a lot more "Wisdom" on the Forums than "Wankers". :)

Russ

hey russ me and mischa were just havin some fun so relax its all good.

and both them reasons are why im selling it. im in the process of joining the air force as well as being sick of paying ridiculously high loan payments to have it.

well i think ive done enough for my introduction to the forum i might leave this thread alone. I do always love to make a spectacular entrance. hahahahaha.