PDA

View Full Version : Performance Parts Required

boo
22-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Hi All i have finally got my Audi 1997cc engine in an wow it runs very well. I have fitted a 41mm Webber Carby top mount with a direct ram flow pod, running on a 4 speed box. This cars hooons like a rotor (sounds the same too). ANy way i have moved to Brisbane a few months ago an had to drive it from Canberra to Qld awesome by the car only had an radiatoir hose go in Sydney apart form that did in 15 hours not bad.

Anyway i am looking for a contact whom can provide me with a roll cage, sports suspension, later steering wheel, maybe bodykit. I am also hunting for a later modern dash even if it needs cutting down - maybe from a Polo

Anythoughts My fellow Golf Players

PS You can email me on boo927@hotmail.com

Rob

GoLfMan
23-07-2005, 01:54 PM
talk to golfwise he'll hook you up

ausgolfer
23-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Welcome, and what kind of golf is it? Assuming it's a Mk1 since you're running a 4 speed box. Eb@y is good for finding golf parts although not always cheaper after postage costs. :P

imported_brackie
23-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I am also hunting for a later modern dash even if it needs cutting down - maybe from a Polo

Rob
Talk to Golf Loon. He put a Mk2 dsash into a Mk1.

h100vw
24-07-2005, 01:50 AM
I am also hunting for a later modern dash even if it needs cutting down - maybe from a Polo

Rob
Talk to Golf Loon. He put a Mk2 dash into a Mk1.

MK2 dash into a MK1 isn't that bad to fit. I did one years ago for a mate, when I fitted a 16V for him. You just need both sets of wiring diagrams to get the electrics right.

The heater can be a problem, if you want to use the MK2 one. I used the MK1 heater box and jimmyed the pipe work to get the vents to work. I stuck the MK1 controls behind the MK2 plastic work and just had 2 levers instead of 3. I never heard that anyone noticed about that..

I can't recall if I fitted the MK1 or 2 centre console. I'll have to have a look at the mag feature.

It looked pretty good if I say so myself. Almost factory :roll:

Gavin

Golf Loon
24-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Yeah the Mk2 dash is not too hard, minimal fettling.

I put a Seat Ibiza into My Mk1. Its the same width and you can get them from wreckers in Oz.

I`ve got a Mk2 dash here that has been in a Mk1 and has the wiring to match up to Mk1. If I dont end up using it in the next couple of weeks, I`ll post it on here.

boo
11-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey guys what year and model SEAT dash do i buy and were in Brisbane do i fnind one?

Golf Loon
13-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Seat Ibiza or cordoba 1994-1998 or thereabouts. Needs a lot of fettling to get right. You have been warned. i got the sh*ts with my one and sold it on. I`ll use a Mk2 one.

Golfwise
14-09-2005, 09:21 AM
I'd have most bits you want but distance and Bass Straight is the problem.
Have m2 dash Polo/SEAT dash Roll cage etc.

Move to Tassie the weather is better :wink: