PDA

View Full Version : First non japanese car

Guest212
30-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Woohoo and its a VW!

All I can say is...awesome! I've been missing out on so much for so long. :biggrin:

No pics sorry. Its just a stock white 5dr with tint.:)

So now hopefully nothing goes wrong with it and sours my opinion of the brand!! So far so good, really top car and no rattles, build issues I've found which is always a bonus.

Regret not getting the RNS510 but oh well.:duh:

See you around!

Treza360
30-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Welcome mate. Whilst it may just be stock it still is a dub and pics are always welcome. :biggrin:
You can always get the RNS510 fitted as a dealer option I think or you can get someone like Guy Harding (Harding Performance) to fit it for you. Best toy in the world I reckon. I wish you could retrofit one into an MkIV.
Cheers,
Trent

Guest212
30-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

Something has annoied me already.

The complete lack of options our MFD has.

Its got bloody nothing!!! Other markets get more than us according to the manual. Things like memory between different keys and their various settings for things like the mirrors (especially the tilting passenger mirror for reverse).

Apart from that I'm enjoying tinkering. Probably good that I didn't get the RNS510 as I probably would have already crashed into something. :duh:

Still not sure how we're meant to break these things in properly. My right foot knows 2 positions. On and off. Its not easy to change - I'm used to flooring it to do anything. In the golf this slight lapse of judgement is resulting in bursts of speed to illegal 3 digit numbers and also the loud gauge moving very close to the loudest position. Hrrrmmm :duh:

Picked it up with 11km on the odo at 10:45AM today. Now has 142km. :driver::driver:

VW GTI
30-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Congrats on the purchase.

Drive it like you intend to drive it in years to come. So soft if you want, but since you bought a GTI I assume that's not the case, give it some. The engines are bench-run before you get them so go nuts.

Guest212
30-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't need any further encouragement. :D Haha.

Just noticed my average fuel consumption.... 19L/100km. :duh::driver::driver:

Treza360
30-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't need any further encouragement. :D Haha.
Just noticed my average fuel consumption.... 19L/100km. :duh::driver::driver:
Is that all. You're obviously not trying hard enough. :biggrin:
Good stuff mate.

Guest212
30-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Been having slight issues with running out of roadspace when i do... :biggrin:

phaeton
31-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Its just a stock white 5dr with tint.:)

See you around!

Wash your mouth out :D lol

I love candy white stock VWs :eek: :driver:

Welcome to the forum BTW ;)

Guest212
31-07-2008, 09:30 PM
its so pretty.

Guest212
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
400km on the clock and no problems yet.

Except the DSG gets confused easily and theres been a few moments where i've gone to make it go and it gets stuck between gears or something and just revs alot with nothing happening. I wonder if this is normal or just the user?:duh: