PDA

View Full Version : Hello

ShenLun
27-07-2008, 09:35 AM
:driver:

I am new to the VW world. My wife has had a car accident 3 months ago and the car was written off. Both her and the children (one which isn't born yet and the other is 16 months) are fine. This has given me time to try and find a replace car. As we are both young I am looking to the future and getting a station wagon.

I have done some research on the internet (a few days worth) and have found that the fuel economy is
city 9l/100
hwy 5.9l/100
combined 7.6/100

Based on the diesel automatic (my wife can't drive manuals) so Here i am, waiting for the smuck that was inolved in the accident to pay up. The car i had previously in the accident was a magna, I am really impressed by the vw passat fuel economy. I have only seen one other car (that I know of) with that kinda of economy and it was a peugeot 405 srdt, but it's a sedan and a manual car so that's out of the question.

Any how enough of me for now!
Kind Regards

ShenLun

Treza360
27-07-2008, 11:59 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard. Glad to hear everyone was unhurt in the accident. That must have given you a very big fright.
Have you only been looking at the Passats or the Skoda Oktavia wagons as well? They might be worth a look depending on your budget. Good luck with everything.
Cheers,
Trent

Mischa
28-07-2008, 11:07 PM
with a new family you'll be wanting the safest car out there... if you can afford a passat then great; id go for the 125kw tdi dsg wagon :) welcome

DaveMack
29-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Hi ShenLun and welcome to the forum. We hope you and your family have a safer journey in your new (planned) VW. This forum will help you with valuable information regarding your car and may encourage you to take part in some of the social events planned in your area. :)

Cheers,
Dave

phaeton
29-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Welcome to VWwA ShenLun and Family :)

Just for curiosity sake what was the car you had your accident in ?

Did it play a part in your purchasing of the Passat ?