PDA

View Full Version : Audi's my story

DOHCDAVE
21-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Well to start off with guys i've bought two Audi's for $200, one is a 80 cd 100 5e the other is a 85 mod cd 100. The 80 mod is getting registered tomorrow oh i think i was calling it a 79 mod but closer inspection of the plates revealed it was an 80 mod so Brackie sorry for being so sure it was a 79 mod, trust me I wouldn't know the difference. Spent the last few days cleaning up the 80 mod for registration only thing i can see in the engine bay is that the pressure tank for the radiator has a small spit in it so replaced it with the other one, few spots of rust though easily repariable interior is blue has elect windows,central locking that i had to fiddle around with for a few hrs to figure out how they worked, and wow! they are vacum controled learn sumtin new everyday. power wind all work the doors all seal 100% as i had the gernie all over it and i didn't have to wipe the door jams as they were dry. seats look new. 176655klm's on the clock and apart from the guy that i bought it from wich hadn't driven it, it's a one owner.
As for the other Audi well havn't tuoched it much yet but body is in a1 cond just the motor needs a head gskt, water pump and power steer pump seal and i'm off. Will keep you's updated to anythink new.

76 MK1 16v
80 AUDI CD 100 5E
85 AUDI CD 100

Golf Loon
21-07-2005, 10:46 PM
They are good old buses thos audis. Are they four or five cylinder? or one of each?

Heaps of the parts interchange with golfs, let us know if you wreck one.

DOHCDAVE
21-07-2005, 11:22 PM
Both are 5cylinder and probably to good to wreck but would be interested in selling the 80 mod when i get the 85 mod going as 4 cars in the driveway is going to take it's toll on my ears b4 to long as i promised the girl that i'd get rid of one and keep the other as a drive car and then finaly i can work on the golf and use it as i please cause as much as i'd like to drive the golf everday, to maint a car that's so highly strung and somethink that i can't help but driving hard and braking and cornering hard, things like brakes bearings..... speeding tickets! you know and spose i can tinker with it and not worry about getting to work on mon.
Thanks for the interest loon will keep u posted.
cheers Dave

76 MK1 16v
80 AUDI CD 100 5E
85 AUDI CD 100