PDA

View Full Version : Quick Questions?

CoastCat
25-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Just new to this forum so please excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong area.

Recently purchased an RS wagon and love it! Just have a few quick questions, if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

1, Does the 08 RS have the lights in the under side of the external door mirrors that come on during the coming/leaving home function?

2. Is a cargo net standard on the wagon, I think the dealer mentioned it was standard but just realised yesterday it is not in the car?

3. Are there factory issued dealer fitted front parking sensors available that display on the radio system just like the rear ones standard on the RS?
Seems to be two lines of thought on the sensors with some at Skoda saying they will and some saying they will not display like the factory fit?

Many thanks in Advance!!

gregozedobe
25-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Firstly, welcome to this forum and the wonderful world of Skoda. We are one big happy family here (so far, anyway, and I hope it stays that way). What's your location ?

In answer to your questions:

1 Mine doesn't (but looking at the under surface of the mirrors at the white lenses there makes me think they should).

2 Yes (well it came with it and I didn't have to pay extra for it)

3 Don't know (haven't got them). Were yours fitted by the dealer rather than by the factory ? If so they might not be "real" factory items or if they are your car might not be properly programmed to recognise them.

CoastCat
26-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Hi Gregozedobe

Thanks for the info, sorry for the typo's was half asleep when made that entry so just did a quick edit.

Like you said the lights seem to have the lenses there but no light. A dealer says he has seen the mirror lights working before but maybe not included in the 08 versions which to the best of my knowledge was just the colour changes? He is looking into it, no biggie just curious.

The net was just something I forgot to ask about on the day and think it has just been forgotten to be put back in the car.

They are still waiting on a final answer on the sensors, the RS has the standard rear ones which display on the radio. I was told that the optional dealer fitted front ones are factory items and when fitted will display like the rear, on the sound system.
There are aftermarket sensors that obviously will not do this. Now there is the chance I am told that the factory front sensors, if fitted by the dealer, will not display on the stereo?
Once again they are looking into it.

Live on the Gold Coast but taking the car to Mel as working down there on temp transfer.

Cheers.
2008 RS Wagon Black

belly
26-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Hi mate,

I have front sensors on my RS sedan that were factory fitted. They display on the screen like the rear sensors and also have a different tone so you can distinguish between the the two without having to look. I can't imagine why the dealer installed ones would not perform the same, they'd only need to connect the sensors and maybe adjust an ECU setting with their OBD tool (unless maybe they are not using a VAG sensor?)

Cheers,
Brendan

CoastCat
31-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi Belly,

Thanks mate still waiting for my dealer in bne to tell me where i can get the sensors fitted in melb as they have been paid for in bne. I agree no reason why the sensors cannot display like the factory fitted option.

Also, on a different topic, I notice that the entry lights on the wing mirrors are not fitted to the RS, only the mid range Octavia, cannot see a reason for this?

Thanks guys for your input.

Cheers.

gregozedobe
31-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Also, on a different topic, I notice that the entry lights on the wing mirrors are not fitted to the RS, only the mid range Octavia, cannot see a reason for this ?

Easy answer - to save money on building them (and hope people won't notice before they buy). We don't get control buttons on the steering wheel either, for the very same reason.

That said, I think the RS is still fairly well equipped for its price.