PDA

View Full Version : Something a little faster..

Mrk_Mickey
24-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Quite frankly it's pissing me off how many spammers catch on to this site and post up!

I'm not sure how impossible/possible or hard/easy this may be, but may I suggest the idea that active members have the power to "pending ban" a user until the mods oversee the decision and allow it or deny it? This way the user in question or the user's thread will be pending termination and will not be visible to the public, and the mods can decide if it's spam or not.

I'm just so sick of seeing crap on this awesome forum:mad:

thestu
24-07-2008, 10:41 PM
thats quite a good idea mate. this is such a great forum and is ruined by those spammers :(

Mrk_Mickey
24-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Cheers Stu. It's been on my mind for ages now and so I finally posted it up as a suggestion.

It's horrible how such little things like that ruin my perspective of this awesome forum

Mischa
24-07-2008, 10:46 PM
sorry mickey only 800 posts you're still a noob :D

Jarred
24-07-2008, 10:54 PM

hahah snap.

I like your thinking mickey, and I've thought about this too. I'm not sure if it's practical to give everyone the power to "pending ban" someone.

then again, its be said maybe people with over X amount of posts should be able to do it etc etc etc.

I think what you don't realise is all the spammers the mods get before they even post, and how quick most of the spammers get deleted.

Unfortuantely (most of :D) the mods have lives, and cant be on here 24/7

Having said all that, I too think it tarnishes the forum a bit, but unfortnatly, there aren't many options i dont think..:?

Tim
24-07-2008, 10:54 PM
i think the powers that be are already pretty quick to get to any spam. I dont see it as a huge concern from a users point of view.

Mrk_Mickey
24-07-2008, 11:07 PM

maybe people with over X amount of posts should be able to do it etc etc etc.

the mods have lives, and cant be on here 24/7

What Jarred says really speaks to me...it says...MISCHA'S A WHORE!

DaveMack
25-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Repost ... Repost ... Repost ... Repost

:biggrin:

We do what we can fellahs, without letting it get too out of control. I'm gonna close this thread now in the name of ... um ... oh, bandwidth (yeah ... that'll do).

Dave