PDA

View Full Version : Paint

Brisben
23-07-2008, 02:25 PM
OK I have a paint code for my mk1 golf, but where do I go to get the paint ?

Golf Houso
23-07-2008, 02:26 PM
OK I have a paint code for my mk1 golf, but where do I go to get the paint ?

It won't match your car atm due the age of vehicle. I suggest going to a paint shop and removing your fuel lid so they can colour code off that. Thats the only way to match your colour, unless of course you car has been recently resprayed :biggrin:

Brisben
23-07-2008, 03:26 PM
It won't match your car atm due the age of vehicle. I suggest going to a paint shop and removing your fuel lid so they can colour code off that. Thats the only way to match your colour, unless of course you car has been recently resprayed :biggrin:

Thanks Mate, I wish.

MK1 golf has a black plastic fuel lid, but I get the idea.

Thanks Buddy !

Golf Houso
23-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks Mate, I wish.

MK1 golf has a black plastic fuel lid, but I get the idea.

Thanks Buddy !

If you can leave the car there for 1/2 a day or better yet take a painted piece off the car, I'm not familiar with the cabs but yeah you get the idea,

good luck!

Jarred
23-07-2008, 03:36 PM
I know there is an auto paint store down here. It's a paint shop, specifically for auto paints, and I've heard of a few others. There should be some up in brissy, search the local yellow pages.

If not, panel beater might be able to sell you some..?

Brisben
24-07-2008, 06:45 AM
I know there is an auto paint store down here. It's a paint shop, specifically for auto paints, and I've heard of a few others. There should be some up in brissy, search the local yellow pages.

If not, panel beater might be able to sell you some..?

Thanks Guys, Need to paint my new eyebrow spoiler !:nana:

Rex
06-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Ben,
Having trouble myself locating a paint supplier in Sydney. All we need is an aerosol of primer and the same for the top coat. Have the spoiler on but will look much better body colour. If you have any joy let me know.
Rex

Brisben
07-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Ben,
Having trouble myself locating a paint supplier in Sydney. All we need is an aerosol of primer and the same for the top coat. Have the spoiler on but will look much better body colour. If you have any joy let me know.
Rex

Mate I went to supercheap and brought primer and colour that looked the same:duh:

Anyway sprayed it, it is on, looks OK but not happy yet, but I am getting closer to the colour i want. Will go back to supercheap and get a slightly darker colour.

Depends what colour your car is, mine is blue so a bitch to match.

Jarred
07-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I know autobarn down here (the biggere stores) mix up rattle cans to your colour code. I've not tried it myself, but perhaps worth a try..?

Brisben
07-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I know autobarn down here (the biggere stores) mix up rattle cans to your colour code. I've not tried it myself, but perhaps worth a try..?

Nice one, have one round the corner form me, may go see them.

Mrk_Mickey
07-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah x2 for autobarn mixing and matching. They're about 25ish a can or something, I've been told