PDA

View Full Version : State or regional forums.

runamuk
19-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Not sure if this would work... but some other similar sites have forums for different states.

I personally think it would be good to help round up members for events that are happening.

The VW scene in Perth is only small, but it would be good if there was a way to direct potential new members of the site to somewhere where they can introduce themselves to local enthusiasts.

What does everyone else think?

MattyT
19-07-2008, 01:05 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with this man's sentiments as they echo my own.

:driver:

FJ Steve
19-07-2008, 02:50 AM
yep....+1 for putting Dullsville on the map

Treza360
19-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Heh...
You could have an SA/Adelaide section that remains empty for all eternity... :biggrin:

The_Hawk
19-07-2008, 11:10 AM
General discussion, tips and hint are all universal so I don't see any need to segregate conversation.

When it comes to meets, yes location makes a big difference, but it's not like the meet section is so active. I would suggest everyone prefixes their posts with something like [SYD], [MEL], [BRIS] etc to let people know whats what without opening and trying to decipher which state exactly things are happening in.

Most people are doing this already, which is a good thing, but I would like to see more of it. Just becuase you say "Wakefield Park" doesn't mean everyone actually knows where that is.