PDA

View Full Version : No TDI Badge for Jetta

LS1 Cobra
01-09-2006, 04:44 PM
My TDI Jetta doesn't have a TDI badge on the back like the Golf does. It looks like the only badged version is the FSI Turbo which gets an FSI badge with a red letter I.

Anyone looked at ordering the Golf TDI badge for the back of their Jetta?

brackie
01-09-2006, 08:56 PM
I hadn't noticed! You should be able to get a TDI badge on US or UK ebay.
Plenty here:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/tdi_Decals-Emblems-Detailing_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentry pageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfgtpZQQfmmdZQQfmmkZQQfro mZR2QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfyhiZQQfyloZ QQlopgZQQmppfqyZtdiQQsacatZ50444QQsaprchiZQQsaprcl oZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknow n
and gere:
http://motors.search.ebay.co.uk/tdi-badge_Volkswagen_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQ coentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfgtpZQQfromZR2QQf sooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQlopgZQQsacatZ9889QQ saprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ3QQsbrftogZ1 QQsofocusZunknown

neo25x5
23-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi Mike

New to this forum and to vw's generally. i recently took delivery of the Jetta FSI and also noticed no badging bar the Jetta badge. Not that concerned about it but did wonder why it wasn't there?

Eric

GoLfMan
24-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Hi Mike

New to this forum and to vw's generally. i recently took delivery of the Jetta FSI and also noticed no badging bar the Jetta badge. Not that concerned about it but did wonder why it wasn't there?

Eric
welcome mate, i have no idea why VW would do that... but hell a badge dont make or break a car ;)

brackie
24-09-2006, 06:37 AM
A lot of people debadge their cars to give them a "clean" look. Some manufacturers put minimal badging on their models for the same reason. Some people put badges on their cars that don't belong to mislead others into thinking they're something they are not.

I've always pit an extra "Diesel" badge on my cars to let following drivers know that the car can be slow up hills etc so they don't think I'm deliberately dragging my heels (it also explains a little extra smoke if the following driver happens to be a member of the Constabulary). And anyway.... I'm proud of owning a diesel.

Even the "TDI" badge on my Golf 5 is a little obscure to a lot of drivers and although it can show a clean pair of heels to most other cars in it's class (and above) I'm happy to publicise the fact that it's an oil burner :D

Badges are plentiful on overseas ebay sites. Try searching for "emblems" and decals" too.;)

gtimk5
24-09-2006, 07:12 AM
Always amuses me when I see the tall 4wds getting around with 4WD badges and mudflaps. Wow, wouldn,t have known otherwise!!! :D

neo25x5
24-09-2006, 10:20 AM
i like the clean look, but was obviously curious as to why there was no other badging.

anyway, how great are these cars!!!! i've had my jetta for a month or so now and am still very impressed with it.

Jettinabout
04-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Quite happy not to be badged...have given more than a few shocks to others with my TDI Jetta...they attract looks too. These things really do scoot and I haven't even given it anywhere near what it can do.

LS1 Cobra
04-10-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm very happy with the performance. It seems to get through traffic very nicely. It'll be interesting to see how much difference an ECU reflash will make.

I like the clean look as well but I'm kinda proud it's a TDI. Had it about a month now and clicked over 2000KM earlier this week. Seems to run better and better.

GoLfMan
04-10-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm very happy with the performance. It seems to get through traffic very nicely. It'll be interesting to see how much difference an ECU reflash will make.

I like the clean look as well but I'm kinda proud it's a TDI. Had it about a month now and clicked over 2000KM earlier this week. Seems to run better and better.
Yeh!!! Same with the Polo it has nearly hit 3000km and it is getting even more efficient and its loosining up day by day, doing average 800km to a 45litre tank around town. I am more than impressed with the performance but i know there is alot more potential in there waiting to be unleashed ;)
glad your enjoying it :D