PDA

View Full Version : New Premium Bluetooth Problems

trentw82
11-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi All;

I just had the VW Premium Bluetooth Kit installed in my '08 Golf GTI but am having dramas downloading my phonebook from my phone. I'm with telstra and have a Samsung A701 on the 3G network. I have no dramas bonding the two and I can answer calls but the phonebook won't transfer. Has anyone overcome this or know of a list of compatible phones for it? I'm pretty sure its the phone. Is there a way around it besides using/buying another phone? What phones have you used that it works fine with. Any ideas welcome. Thanks

TW

(Ps: It is NOT the parrot system)

Celestine
11-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Are the numbers in your phonebook saved on the phone or on the sim? That sometimes helps from previous experience. Unfortunately, Samsung's arent very friendly in connecting to other devices and often has small issues that cant be easily overcome. Give the above a try and see if it works.

trentw82
26-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Yeah, i tried that. Also tried connecting a Nokia N95, another late model Nokia, A motorola and another Samsung. No joy. Sony Ericsson work ok and so do the iPhones. You'd think for the money they would gel with anything. Thanks.

Logzy
27-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Nokia 6230i works great, entire phone book and missed, received, dialled numbers.