thought you guys might like this, found it on my camper info search
http://www.vwbooks.co.uk/new_camper/auxillary_battery.htm

cheers brenton

99gti
09-07-2008, 11:23 PM
thought you guys might like this, found it on my camper info search
http://www.vwbooks.co.uk/new_camper/auxillary_battery.htm

cheers brenton

Next time you go out into the shed, just do a head count for how many projects you have on the go. Lol.

Looks like a tidy conversion, you going to have a crack at it?

Seano
10-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Rod's little how to's are always very helpful.

Shame you can't do such a conversion if your T4 has A/C.....like mine. The condensor and much pipework sits in there between battery and engine.

Even so.......I still have a dual battery setup. Although mine needs more work on the wire routing...

DVR68U
10-07-2008, 11:52 AM
yeah im going dual batteries , it would be good up the front. but i may put a biger battery in the back of the car and just run the wires etc from there. i have aircon but it might be moveable lol. first i need to buy a battery soln for the charging. i have found a good looking one for around $75 120a. what do you guys run ?
cheers brenton

Seano
11-07-2008, 10:18 AM
I use a simple VSR from BEP Automotive which is tucked up on the inner fender beside the cabin air intake

DVR68U
11-07-2008, 12:40 PM
yeah ive got a split charger box coming down from ABR $80 posted 120amp should be good enough for now, i think ill just pop the battery in a case in the back for now next rebuild i might pop it under the bonnet.
cheers brenton

rob64981
11-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Can you not put your extra battery under the front seat?

Thats where mine was on the reimo converted van.

Rob

DVR68U
12-07-2008, 12:04 AM
yeah you could put it under the seat, all my stuff is up the back of the van with the bed right up near the front seats so i can make a bigger area out back with the tail gate up.
cheers brenton

WEDEL.1
12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
May be a little better weight distribution in the back too.

Maris

DVR68U
19-07-2008, 01:31 AM
well i got my battery isolator in and the 2nd battery hooked up. ill be wiring a extra set of lights and wiring in the radio to run off the aux battery so if i fall asleep i can still drive away in the morning, once i get a power inverter ill be hooking up my fridge aswell. ill get some pics up 2morro or once i get back from my trip.
cheers brenton

rob64981
19-07-2008, 04:25 PM
You can just remove the live that feeds the inside lights and radio and feed them with the aux battery.
The easy way to do this is remove the fuse
and then connect the live side of your aux battery using a connector to the fuse holder.
Therefore no cutting of wires.
You will obviously have a fuse box for your new aux battery.

Hope i have explained this clearly as its early morning and im in a rush to go to work!

If more detail needed please ask.

Rob

DVR68U
20-07-2008, 12:43 AM
ive wired in my radio to work on the aux and the main at the flick of a switch so i can have it which every i choose, and ive run new interior lights for the back which run off the aux battery. i have run a 240v power board and converter it to 12v dc and wired in a old 4wheeler headlight for my portable flood light lol , my old mans a sparkie so its all legit ;)
the interior lights i have came out of my old caravan and are 12v and 240v so once i get it all set up i can run 240v from a house or powered sight. lots of stuff still to do but ill be heading off in about 12hrs for a week so ill see how it all goes. im used to normal camping so this will be a treat,
cheers brenton

tapsy
20-07-2008, 12:40 PM
well i got my battery isolator in and the 2nd battery hooked up. ill be wiring a extra set of lights and wiring in the radio to run off the aux battery so if i fall asleep i can still drive away in the morning, once i get a power inverter ill be hooking up my fridge aswell. ill get some pics up 2morro or once i get back from my trip.
cheers brenton

Hi we have a Kombi Beach with a second battery, and i have no idea what is actually running off it, as far as i know a couple of LED lights and an aux plug by the drivers seat, is that it ? i would think the radio is off the main battery, would you know? says nothing in the manual.

I'm thinking of a power inverter as well, i can't survive without espresso in the mornings:) and they say you need a pure sine wave for laptops but they are much more expensive. what type would you recommend.