PDA

View Full Version : new here...

projectsplat
04-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi,

Just thought I should stick my head in and say hi. I had heard of this forum from friends with VW's, but assumed that it was VW only.

I have a 99.5 B5 A4 1.8TQ Avant. Nice little wagon. Heaps of fun to drive.
18" RS4 Rims, Sports Exhaust, Chipped, S-Line Steering Wheel.

I was drawn to the site whilst searching for a set of winter rims for the car - and spotted the "truckload of audi rims" thread.

Anyway, I should get back to it. I will post some pics later.

Cheers

Alister

edit: added some pics.

Mischa
04-07-2008, 03:03 PM
very nice... auto or manual?

and yes... pics are needed :D

:pics:

projectsplat
04-07-2008, 03:11 PM
very nice... auto or manual?

and yes... pics are needed :D

:pics:

just added some pics then. not sure how to get them viewing inline in the text though.

it is a manual. wouldn't have it any other way.

KI11Z
04-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Thats a nice lookin audi there! welcome :biggrin:

and to insert the pics you simply click on that paper clip button you clicked to upload your images and select insert ;)

projectsplat
04-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Thats a nice lookin audi there! welcome :biggrin:

and to insert the pics you simply click on that paper clip button you clicked to upload your images and select insert ;)

brilliant! Cheers bloke. Greatly appreciated. Learnt something new...

VW VR6
04-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Very nice Audi. well done.

Jmac
15-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Welcome aboard mate , i have a soft spot for Avants mate looks great.
Cheers
Jmac

GoLfMan
15-07-2008, 08:11 PM
awesome looking wagon mate :)

welcome!

projectsplat
15-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Cheers all, and thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I am really loving the Avant. I had always had this preconceived idea that wagons were lame, until I drove this one and found the turbo and the quattro - lurve the quattro. So much fun in the hills.

It is going on it's first snow run tomorrow (the reason I bought it). Unfortunately, I will be stuck in the office. :( Bloody work....

edit: more pics. I really need to get out and get some new ones, but these will have to do for the moment.

at least it is clean in this pic....

Jarred
15-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Cool wagon mate! looks like a hoot to drive. Any under bonnet mods yet??

Where abouts are you btw? (update your profile:))

Welcome to VWW.

projectsplat
16-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Profile update complete. Cheers for the heads up.

Under bonnet mods (so far) were done before I bought it.

It has been chipped - but I don't know what with. I only know this because there is a spare chip in the glove box....

It also has an aftermarket exhaust on it which makes a nice noise. It came with 132kW out of the factory, but I suspect it has gained, and then lost a few ponies in the last 9 years. Once I have finished haemorrhaging cash on the little blue wagon, I will get it down to a dyno and find out exactly what the numbers are.

I had my heart set on a few performance bits and pieces to give it a bit more poke:
- GT28RS Turbo (it looks like the goods.....)
- Front Mounted Intercooler
- High Flow Cat
- improved manifold
- some upgraded brakes (S4?) to stop it a bit quicker
- Forge Diverter Valve
- Carbonio Cold Air Intake
but when it comes to cars, I really don't know my arse from my elbow. :duh:

Fortunately, I have a few friends who have my best mechanical interests at heart, who are helping to guide me away from doing anything stupid.

Currently my mission is to buy some winter rims for the beast, so that I can get snow chains on it if required. Unfortunately, because it has been lowered and the tyres are oversized, that has been proving to be a bit difficult. oh well, it will give me something to do when I get bored...

Jmac
16-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Lucky man you have the AJL engine that only a few got over here. Most have AEB or APU 110kw sweeet!:)
Jmac

projectsplat
16-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Absolutely. It was actually a bit of a fluke. I didn't know there was a GP edition until about 3 months after I bought it - and then it took me another month to figure out that I had one!

Jmac
17-07-2008, 07:22 PM
You lucky man, good onya!!!! Thats a strong motor. Shout up if you need any help mate.