PDA

View Full Version : passenger door needs fixing. perth area.

sing.song
04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
yesterday at my nans her visitor reversed into my left passenger door. not a huge amount of damage but you can notice it for sure. scratched paint too. i'm not one for leaving my car damaged so i want to get a few quotes for a repair today.
the guy didn't come into to tell me he'd hit my car, no damage at all to his car and he said he couldn't see any on mine? when i went out a few hours later to go home and that is the first thing i noticed!
he's friends of the family, so i was able to give him a call this morning and he owned up to hitting me.

so yeah i'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good repairer around the perth area. I'm located in belmont, so within 30km. not the joondalup area! also somewhere that deals with insurance repairs.
thanks.

geoff_gti
04-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Don't know anyone specifically, but you could try ringing Quattros (they're in Burswood) and they might be able to help or point you in the right direction.

gareth_oau
05-07-2008, 01:41 AM
depending on the amount of damage, you might be able to use a mobile dent/scratch repairer.

As long as it doesnt need panel beating, they can often pull out small dents and then touch up the paint so you'd never know

sing.song
07-07-2008, 02:08 PM
geeze females get taken for a ride when dealing with men. got two quotes from different panel beaters and both were $1000 plus. both say they would have to removed the door covering, import a new one etc etc. most likely having my car for over a week! I'm in dire need of a job, so that can't happen, i NEED my car.

found that place that will do it for under $400, he had more female respect. tho he doesn't deal with insurance claims. spoke to a dent removal co and he told me to go to a panel beater :duh: i'm thinking i will just live with the damage for now.

and touch the paint up myself.

geoff_gti
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
I'd be asking the person who backed into your door to chip in! If you can get it done for around $400 cash (rather than via insurance) that could end up being easier and possibley cheaper than going through insurance especially if you have to pay an excess on the claim.

sing.song
07-07-2008, 06:54 PM
yeah the old dude has insurance. but he's old and doesn't really know what is going on <sigh>

Golf Loon
08-07-2008, 08:49 AM
What car is it?
A new door will cost around $100-$250, get it painted, swop your window reg etc over and thats it perfection.
Call me at work if you need a part ;)
May have the right colour if its a common one.

gerhard
08-07-2008, 09:33 AM
The reason men will give women the run-around is the same reason men give other men the run-around - many panel beaters play on ignorance. (I have seen plenty of women doing the same in reverse as well.)

You have stated that the person who hit your car has admitted it, is an older person, and he has insurance.

There you have the ingredients to go to your insurance company, lodge the claim, and have the car repaired by the repairer of your insurance company's choosing, or you can choose. There should be no affect to your no-claim-bonus level, because you were not at fault.

Don't, whatever you do, leave the dent unrepaired or your car will soon attract more dents. An unrepaired car shows the owner has no respect for the vehicle, so others treat it the same way.

gareth_oau
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
in fact sing.song you are obliged to claim on your insurance. by doing so will make the old guy feel a lot better.

If you dont claim, then he will think that he has been wasting money all these years paying his insurance premiums.

Now at least you have given him a reason for these premiums - he can rest easier now!!j:

sing.song
08-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Don't you worry, I want it fixed but just seriously bad timing. I feel pained everytime I look at the door!
There is a place that doesn't deal with insurance co and he had female respect and I'm pretty sure he said under $400. So I'm thinking of going back to him and making sure of the price, booking it in and getting the old guy to just pay me cash when I present a receipt to him.
Another good thing about doing it this way was that the company I found didn't have half finished cars sitting around. When I was at another wanker company yesterday I was listening to a phone conversation, an annoyed client who's car was meant to be ready but wasn't ... they were still waiting on parts.

People who have seen the door say it will should easily just pop back out, then touch up the paint.

gareth_oau
08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
just a thought for you.

instead of attempting to claim off your insurance, get the other driver's details and submit a claim through his.

however, which ever route you decide to take, dont commit to repairs or anything until the driver/his insurance company has formally accepted liability and agreed to cover costs

gerhard
08-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Don't you worry, I want it fixed but just seriously bad timing. I feel pained everytime I look at the door!
There is a place that doesn't deal with insurance co and he had female respect and I'm pretty sure he said under $400. So I'm thinking of going back to him and making sure of the price, booking it in and getting the old guy to just pay me cash when I present a receipt to him.
Another good thing about doing it this way was that the company I found didn't have half finished cars sitting around. When I was at another wanker company yesterday I was listening to a phone conversation, an annoyed client who's car was meant to be ready but wasn't ... they were still waiting on parts.

People who have seen the door say it will should easily just pop back out, then touch up the paint.

The reason a place doesn't deal with insurance could be because of the owner's criminal record.

The reason there are no half finished cars around, is because the place doesn't have any work.

Assuming for a minute the guy is genuine, and fixes your car for under $400, where are you getting the $400 from, since you stated you are looking for work. Don't rely on presenting Mr Crasher with the receipt, and having him say "Yes, lass, here you go, I've had the money ready for you for ages" - and pull the $400 out of his pocket.

The "wanker company" which was waiting on parts, was probably genuinely waiting on parts. Most makes requiring panel or crash type replacements will require a wait for parts.

If I tell you I've got "female respect", will you then take my (and everyone else's) advice and go through your Insurance?

sing.song
09-07-2008, 11:12 AM
The reason a place doesn't deal with insurance could be because of the owner's criminal record.

The reason there are no half finished cars around, is because the place doesn't have any work.

Assuming for a minute the guy is genuine, and fixes your car for under $400, where are you getting the $400 from, since you stated you are looking for work. Don't rely on presenting Mr Crasher with the receipt, and having him say "Yes, lass, hear you go, I've had the money ready for you for ages" - and pull the $400 out of his pocket.

The "wanker company" which was waiting on parts, was probably genuinely waiting on parts. Most makes requiring panel or crash type replacements will require a wait for parts.

If I tell you I've got "female respect", will you then take my (and everyone else's) advice and go through your Insurance?

hey no need to be so harsh. I'm new to the whole dealing with the many car problems way of life.

gerhard
09-07-2008, 01:06 PM
hey no need to be so harsh. I'm new to the whole dealing with the many car problems way of life.

We appreciate that.

Just trying to be "fatherly" - didn't your father ever growl at you :) mine did at me.

At the end of the day it's your $400 and your car. :driver:

sing.song
10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
haha my mum growled at me more! well I can't do much at the moment, waiting on the guy to give me his insurance details ... another phone call could be on the cards. <sigh> old people

gerhard
10-07-2008, 08:37 PM
haha my mum growled at me more! well I can't do much at the moment, waiting on the guy to give me his insurance details ... another phone call could be on the cards. <sigh> old people

Whatcha mean "old people" - I'm nearly one of those :eek:

If he's tardy supplying his insurance details, you only need to give his reg number to your company, and they'll do the rest.

Insurance companies work together all the time sorting out blame apportionment. In your case, it's 100% him, 0% you, since your car was parked and you weren't in it. That's why it won't affect your no-claim position.