PDA

View Full Version : Tinting in Melbourne for eos ?

artcrime
02-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation for where I can take the eos to get tinted ? I have searched the forum and tried a couple of places mentioned, but have been knocked back twice(too hard) and a couple of places dont do cars any more. I dont really want to take it to tint professor. Ideally I'd like to find a place that has done an eos before.

Regards - A|C

blutopless2
02-07-2008, 03:40 PM
scuse the ignorance here... but what is so hard about tinting an eos??

artcrime
03-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I think the rear window is difficult to get to because the head rests are not removeable, and the other place was whining about breaking clips when removing the door trim they said they had no replacements. Also the fact that the window drops when you open the door means that the glue has to be well & truly dried before operating the door, means that they cant just push the car thru their production line like it was a commodore.
These were the reason I was given ;0(
- A|C

brad
03-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Another forum I frequent has a few Melbournites on board.

They all unreservedly recommend:

Rob Tait - WRX club founding member has good rep.

He is more exxy than your Tint Professor but he's good at it.

Car Tint Pty.Ltd. 0417 755537.
Factory 16, 513-515 Maroondah Hwy Ringwood Vic 3134 Melway Ref. Map 50

25 years experience. Probably about $250-$300

blutopless2
03-07-2008, 08:51 PM
ok... we have a nbc that we had the windows tinted on it and they had no probs with any of the windows on it. the door glass drops the same as the eos so dont know how they handled it.. but was told by the dealership that it was done by a local tinting place.. gathered it was tint a car or the like.

artcrime
06-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Rob was one of the ones that knocked me back, some concern about getting the door trim off.
A|C

brad
06-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Rob was one of the ones that knocked me back, some concern about getting the door trim off.
A|C
Must be a real bugger of a job then.

Who does your dealer use?

Fred K
17-07-2008, 10:41 AM
I had nmine done as part of the puchase by the dealer - Barloworld Glen Waverley

Tint and leather protection $1,000

Fred

artcrime
23-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I had nmine done as part of the puchase by the dealer - Barloworld Glen Waverley

Tint and leather protection $1,000

Fred

Jeez Fred I think you got done over, a mate of mine who used to own a tint a car franchise said that the leather protector cost $6 per can and they would get 2 cars to a can, Tinting should cost 250-300 buxx - tops. Ya live and learn. A|C

pixl
23-07-2008, 01:07 PM
A|C

He knocked me back on my GTI as well, said the rear window was oddly shaped.

artcrime
30-07-2008, 05:58 PM
"He knocked me back on my GTI as well, said the rear window was oddly shaped."

-- So where did you end up going ? Happy with the work ?
- A|C

pixl
31-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Me and another forum member, Y2008 ended up going to Tint-a-car in North Melbourne. Corner of Curzon St and Arden St. I didn't have the money to get it done, but I waited with him while he got his done. I was really happy with their work and will be booking mine in soon.

Mum has an Eos so I asked if he had any experience with the Eos and/or if they're tricky. He said, not really. There's not much glass on them. Mum's going to get hers done there.

dubbed
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I can't believe they are knocking back tinting an EOS. Seems odd but what would I know?

You might like to try Tint-a-Car in Ferntree Gully/Scoresby. The owner, Ross, is a bit of a car nut I believe. He tinted my last car and did a perfect job. I'm not sure if he still works there but it might be worth making a call.