PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had Stage 1 APR Chip done on MKV?

livingthedream
30-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had or used the APR chip with their MKV GTi or Jetta 2.0T? The stage I, is all im looking at

Am seriously considering and was looking for some feedback.

Cheers guys

shaneth
30-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey mate, i think if you do a search in the mk5 section you will find all the answers you are looking for. But from what ive read its brilliant.

Shteifen
30-06-2008, 10:07 PM
before doing something like that you might wanna think about the stresses that are gonna be put on the engine and its parts from making the extra power. specifically the turbo.

i THINK stock they run around 10 pounds and run quite lean from what i understand.

it runs a k03(or k04 i cant remember) turbo only slightly different from the mk4 gti's which, once again, from what i understand, cant make much more than 11 pounds without really stressin the charger.

so you might wanna ask APR how they make the extra power, whether its by making more boost or just changing the timing and fuel delivery or whatever. cos if its makin more boost your turbo is gonna be spinnin its nuts off and might not last long. i dunno. just ask them more about it. find out as much as you can before doing it.

that being said. I"D DO IT!

-steve

01-07-2008, 07:02 AM
DO IT!!! Its well worth it.

gtimk5
01-07-2008, 07:45 AM
There seems to be no minuses to flashing your ecu. Fuel consumption will be further improved with your normal driving and power goes up heaps.
Check out goapr.com.au for the specs...
Oh, and dont worry, there is very little extra stress added to the turbo ect.........
Andrew :)

DubSteve
01-07-2008, 08:22 AM
before doing something like that you might wanna think about the stresses that are gonna be put on the engine and its parts from making the extra power. specifically the turbo.

i THINK stock they run around 10 pounds and run quite lean from what i understand.

it runs a k03(or k04 i cant remember) turbo only slightly different from the mk4 gti's which, once again, from what i understand, cant make much more than 11 pounds without really stressin the charger.

so you might wanna ask APR how they make the extra power, whether its by making more boost or just changing the timing and fuel delivery or whatever. cos if its makin more boost your turbo is gonna be spinnin its nuts off and might not last long. i dunno. just ask them more about it. find out as much as you can before doing it.

-steve

Ignore all of what has just been said in this post besides the bold part;)

SoVeReIgN
01-07-2008, 08:23 AM

-steve

Where did you pull that arbitrary 11pounds figure from?

I've read documentation from Borg Warner themselves saying it can push much more than 11pounds!

livingthedream
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks Guys,

I actually asked APR before i posted on there thoughts. My main concern was can it handle it with no other upgrades and i got the following

<Q>
The car is more than capable of handling the stage1 upgrade. We have a good number of customers who have gone further without upgrading other components - one of them is running the S3 turbo kit, rated at 239kw.

Please feel free to visit our office in East Brisbane, our 285kw Golf GTI is fitted with some parts that you may find interesting. We are also able to offer the stage1 as a free trial.

Please let me know if I can be any more help.
<UQ>

Hence thought i would then get some feedback from users.

livingthedream
07-07-2008, 04:34 PM
And it does or doesnt kill my warranty? if i go stage 1 APR?

DaveMack
07-07-2008, 04:38 PM
i cant remember where i got the 11 pounds figure from. i think it was a guy at work who said it was a crap turbo.

not keeping that in mind, this months edition of Performance VW has a whole thing about upgrading this engine. they say some sort of flash is the best idea ever. can easily get upto around 300 hp without upgrading much if anything else.

that other crap i posted was just thoughts. made sense at the time.

my mate called Volkspower about the APR stage 1 flash. they said its about 1800 bucks for 188kw. not bad.
or like 100 bucks (i think) for an 8hr trial. as in they flash it and 8hrs later it will reset by itself to factory settings.

-steve

Sorry Steve ... once again ... you have no idea what you're talking about ... the trial is FREE!!!

Piece of advice ... do some real research before posting ... not "some mate at work said ...." Doesn't cut it here.

No, it doesn't 'kill your warranty', in fact ... some VW dealerships have openly recommended one (or more) of the chip software companies. The only way your warranty could be affected would be if VW could prove that chipping it has had a detrimental effect on the engine ... and it doesn't.

Dave

livingthedream
07-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Dave,

Could you advise if my warranty is affected if i go a stage 1? I note you have a few APR goodies :D

Shteifen
07-07-2008, 05:48 PM
ok well im pretty sure where i work wont grant warranty for a flashed ecu, because two or three have been wrecked because basic settings were done on them without that dealership knowing it was flashed. its up to the dealership really. doesnt mean the warranty on the whole car is stuffed, just if the ecu stuffs up, im pretty sure where i work wont.

well my mate called up Volkspower about this flash about mid last year so maybe they've made it free now, but when he called it did cost money for the trial. its good that its free now though :)

i have done research btw. thats why i said "i THINK" and "from what i understand". it was a suggestion to do alot of research about it rather than spending all that money and risking stuff going wrong without knowing what he's gettin into, thats all. :)

-steve

DaveMack
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
LTD,

I've had warranty work performed on my car and I have an 'APR Tuned' badge on the back ... what does that tell you? :biggrin: Nothing has been said by the dealer and it's blatantly obvious that my car is chipped (I leave it in 'Valet' mode when they service it ... that way, no young hoon of an apprentice can take it out for a "road test").

Dave

livingthedream
11-07-2008, 10:40 AM
LTD,

I've had warranty work performed on my car and I have an 'APR Tuned' badge on the back ... what does that tell you? :biggrin: Nothing has been said by the dealer and it's blatantly obvious that my car is chipped (I leave it in 'Valet' mode when they service it ... that way, no young hoon of an apprentice can take it out for a "road test").

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Went out and saw the boys yesterday at HP/APR. They said they have no issues with warranty with QLD dealers and alot of the dealers send customers to them. Even said they get some cars pre-delivery from VW.

Will line this up in the next month or so.

Thanks for assistance

John Deere
19-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Sorry to dig up an older thread, it looks like warranty is not much of a concern, but what about insurance? Is there any company out there that will still give reasonably priced insurance?

balkanac
19-09-2008, 12:26 PM
I went to an ARP dealer in Perth and got the free trial done. It was supposed to last 6 hours, and i've done close to 55 hours of driving since and the car still revs much smoother, has more power and revs beyond the redline :biggrin: all this for free!
What i wanted to say is that my R32 got 11kw and 30Nm with the chip and apperently MK5 GTis get something like 45kw!! There is no way that they can do this by playing with fuel maps and air delivery only. Boost has to go up considerably. Im no mechanic, but i had a B4 with a flashed ECU. Second turbo was running 11psi stock and with the reflash it was running 19psi! In my books that puts strain on it.
APR or anyone else will never tell you that their product is bad for your car

gtimk5
30-09-2008, 09:07 PM
try www.oz-chiptuning.com.au they did my one for 1200.--. This guys are from europe and they really know what they do.
All of your posts seem like ads for that company?? Have you ever told us anything about your VW? (if you own one?)
I think you will also find that most of the VW enthusiast tuning people know what they are doing too....( No matter which brand of ECU tuning )

Golf Houso
30-09-2008, 09:10 PM
try www.oz-chiptuning.com.au they did my one for 1200.--. This guys are from europe and they really know what they do.

That site, doesn't inspire much confidence in me. That, and most of the models featured never came to Australia :duh:
And I'm pretty sure most of the mainstream brands start at around 1200 as well...

dangerous_daveo
04-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Sorry to dig up an older thread, it looks like warranty is not much of a concern, but what about insurance? Is there any company out there that will still give reasonably priced insurance?

I've found Shannons pretty good. I mean I'm under 25 so its still quite painful. But the policy is rather good. The old car I sent them an A4 page of mods and they were still good about it. I'd at least get a quote off them.

No457 Snowy
05-10-2008, 07:31 AM
I've found Shannons pretty good. I mean I'm under 25 so its still quite painful. But the policy is rather good. The old car I sent them an A4 page of mods and they were still good about it. I'd at least get a quote off them.

Agreed, I went with Shannons after I had my car APR'd.

I had been insured with the NRMA for 20 years (Not 1 claim in that time, 60% No Claim Bonus, 40 Y/O driver) and tried to do the right thing by calling them and telling them about my ECU upgrade and they told me they don't allow that modification and my policy would be cancelled if I went ahead with it. So much for the return loyalty. :brutal:

So I chipped my car and cancelled my NRMA insurance and moved over to Shannons who were more than happy to list all my mods on the policy including the APR ECU and gave me a fair price. Not only that, I can make monthly payments.

The other thing that stood out like night and day, was that when I spoke to the NRMA people they just wanted to know facts/figures and then said "Computer Says No", and when I spoke to the Shannons guy he was obviously "into" cars and talked about car club membership, car shows, how I liked the APR chip and other mods I'd done to the car. :driver:

I'm glad I changed.

Snowy :)

dgd1600
05-10-2008, 08:04 AM
I always wanted to do it - out of interest what's shannons charging - think I'm paying around $820 through them for a stock MkV GtI.

Autosport
08-10-2008, 03:11 PM
I always wanted to do it - out of interest what's shannons charging - think I'm paying around $820 through them for a stock MkV GtI.
Where the hell are you? Shanons quoted me $1,075 for my MKV Gti... thats with 60%NCB, CAMs Licence holder discount, and over 30 driver. ?? (although have my 25 year old wife listed as driver)

gtimk5
08-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I think I am paying around $675 with Shannons for my Mk5 GTI with mods!
renewal is next month so I guess I will soon verify that,

Jarred
08-10-2008, 05:25 PM
damn you older people who can actually get shannons insurance.

No, I'm to young, so I can't mod my car and have it insured, basically.

Not going to stop me though.

(sorry for OT)

Autosport
08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I think I am paying around $675 with Shannons for my Mk5 GTI with mods!
renewal is next month so I guess I will soon verify that,
I think I need to change post codes...

No457 Snowy
08-10-2008, 07:20 PM
My MK4 GTI is about $800 with Shannons with all my mods upfront and listed on the policy. Very happy and peace of mind.

Snowy :)

aprr32
08-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah, and you get a free windscreen once a year(nearly $800 for my R32)with Shannons, no questions asked!

h100vw
08-10-2008, 09:07 PM
I am with Shannons, just over a grand for 3 cars, Audi, Ibiza and Toledo.

Gavin

adzy
18-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Here is my APR stage 1 video clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abrj5sKSRRs

logger
30-08-2009, 06:07 PM
... the trial is FREE!!!

Dave, I understand the free APR trial lets you use the remap for x no of driving hours, before it reverts back from "chipped" to stock. This sounds excellent and the only decision for me is WHEN not IF.
Do you happen to know if these timed hours increment only when in the "chipped" program, or does it tick over in both stock & chipped programs? Hopefully it is the former cos it would be a shame to waste the trial with the missus dropping the kids off at school in stock mode. hopefully I can get my ECU "Trial remapped", but with the car returned in the stock prog - then at an appropriate time, when I can focus on the differences switch programs to "chipped" and properly study and appreciate the improvements. Then I could fully enjoy and test the 6 hour trial (or whatever it is). Thnx, Logger.

gtimk5
30-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Logger, as you are a new member here you wouldnt know that Dave is no longer with us....
The idea with the free trial is to get it done before a weekend that you know you will have time to use the car to evaluate its worth. The 6 hour trial is just that, whether you have it switched or not. I find that people realise whether its for them in the first 5 minutes!!
Andrew

logger
30-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the explanation Andrew. Based on driving time regardless of program setting. So will take your advice and see if I can get it done just before I go off on a decent drive somewhere.

maraach
30-09-2009, 10:09 PM
hrmmm.... im seriously doing something wrong with insurance considering the numbers all you guys are quoting. 60% NCD and a $1400 excess and the best i could get was $1954 from GIO...

In saying that my previous car was stolen... but still...

robbyx
30-09-2009, 11:32 PM
hrmmm.... im seriously doing something wrong with insurance considering the numbers all you guys are quoting. 60% NCD and a $1400 excess and the best i could get was $1954 from GIO...

In saying that my previous car was stolen... but still...

Yeh, that's my biggest worry.. the jump in insurance costs =S

Have you tried Shannon's? From what I've gathered in these forums, they're usually pretty good when it comes to unique (ie. modded) cars.

Tim
01-10-2009, 07:54 AM
with shannons my GTI modifications made a very negligible difference to the premium price

Manfred
01-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I agree that after a 5 minutes you know whether you want it. I had the trial last week and since have purchased the Stage 1 upgrade and am extremely happy with it. The car seems to run smoother, apart from other the obvious advantages.

Shannons quoted me over $1k p.a. (I ended up ringing twice as I could not believe how expensive it was considering I am an old bastard (over 40) and live in a 'leafy' suburb). RACQ would flat out not insure me (even after 20 years of good driving history) so I went to Suncorp and pay about $700 p.a.

Whatever you do, I suggest you spend an hour and ring around for quotes prior to doing the mods so you know what your up for...also make sure that if you have a preferred repairer you can take your car to them if you do have an accident.I am sure you will find someone who will look after you.

Good luck!

Blitzen
01-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm with AAMI, and have all of my mods listed, including my APR ECU tune, and I am paying $680 a year.

You are right about the trial tune though. I had Guy put the trial tune in, and 10 min later, I drove back into his workshop and got the full tune put on for me.

Make sure you shop around with tunes too. APR has exactly what I wanted, but I looked at 6 before I settled on what I wanted. I spoke to different suppliers, and their customers.

maraach
04-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeh, that's my biggest worry.. the jump in insurance costs =S

Have you tried Shannon's? From what I've gathered in these forums, they're usually pretty good when it comes to unique (ie. modded) cars.

the only 'mod' my car has is the 18" kathorium (spelling?) rims... thats why im a little hesitant to actually do any performance stuff (as my premiums are already so high).

Not exactly sure how you guys get the cheaper premiums.. im wondering whether it is just simply an age thing (i am 29, my wife 27). Both have good driving records, but my wife did have one accident earlier this year (only one we have had in 10 years) and unfortunately our car did get stolen this year too (its been a good year....)... in saying that.. we were paying $1800 a year (60% NCD etc.) for our $18k corolla before any of this happened... so something just isnt adding up...

anyway enough thread hijacking by me...

Edit : Just an update, GIO seems to charge me the whole of an extra $20pa if i select the "performance chip" option on their site, so it seems that is neglegable to my outcome, so its probably worth checking ones own individual scenario.

bluefin
05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi Im an installer for Bluefin and it should give you 195 kw and 10% better fuel economy. Great move. I did my Multivan and love it.

Regards
bluefin

John Deere
05-11-2009, 01:54 PM
I am with Suncorp, they know about the APR Stage 1 flash and they didn't mind, but they did add it to the list of accessories in case I need to get it redone after a write off.

I have found the APR flash to be excellent by the way, however I have had to have the DSG replaced. It was done under warranty at 68,000km without issue.

SaBiH
06-11-2009, 09:22 PM
With the Stage 1 tune (ie. APR), in a manual, is it hard to get traction on take off?

Secondly, with the tune, would the brakes or anything else be advisable to upgrade?

John Deere
07-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I find the standard brakes are pretty good, and I have a DSG, which I think would be harder on the brakes. I did and Eastern Creek track day and found them to be excellent by comparison to many others....I was catching much more expensive and powerful cars under brakes.

Take off is about practice, learning to feather the accelerator and knowing when to plant the right boot fully.

MurphyTheElf
12-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking of getting an APR ECU upgrade myself, BUT, the pricing is rubbish outside of the US. The website says $599 for US customers, and when I call a dealers here, their recommended pricing is $1995. There is 15% off at the moment, but really, somebody is taking the p1ss!

John Deere
12-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Maybe....but I reckon $1700ish for 30% more power and torque is cheap! To get that much gain any other way would cost a mint!

adzy
08-12-2009, 04:41 AM
I had the tune done and have never had a regret. Everything has been fine as the tune only adds an extra 2 - 3 psi boost. My car gets serviced and no one even knows about the tune and insurance? how would they ever know!

Great bang for buck!

chrisgti
09-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm thinking of getting an APR ECU upgrade myself, BUT, the pricing is rubbish outside of the US. The website says $599 for US customers, and when I call a dealers here, their recommended pricing is $1995. There is 15% off at the moment, but really, somebody is taking the p1ss!

Lol thats why you should get GIAC instead... think its 900 or just under a k atm same gains and smoother power delivery throughout the rev range check out dubaddiction

Guy_H
09-12-2009, 06:01 PM
same gains and smoother power delivery throughout the rev range

Proof?

APR Christmas sale - Now On!

http://www.goapr.com.au/

chrisgti
09-12-2009, 10:33 PM
No proof just my oppinion from experience, I trialled your tune remember and I told you I wasnt impressed you said it was my DV but there was nothing wrong with it.

gogiac :cool:

http://www.dubaddiction.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36&products_id=72

John Deere
10-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I am no expert on how all the chips deliver poiwer etc, and its been done to death.

I went with APR because of the convenience of switch to stock mode through the cruise stick....it is too easy!

Also GIAC Dyno curves are not on the website (well I couldn't find them), the APR curve looks very pretty! This was a small factor.

adzy
10-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Man I laugh at the GIAC vs APR saga!!

Its everyone's own choice yet some will fully bag and hate on APR or vise versa, it is just an immaturity thing (usually the younger blokes).
Everyone can just do their research and go with what they feel is best. I went with APR as there is a larger support base behind you, more VW dealerships also are happy with APR mods and I have never seen proof of APR tunes destroying engines... although I have heard the usual bull **** storys.
I have read of GIAC tune issues though:eek:
EACH TO THEIR OWN I SAY :D

anthony_VWJET
10-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Man I laugh at the GIAC vs APR saga!!

Its everyone's own choice yet some will fully bag and hate on APR or vise versa, it is just an immaturity thing (usually the younger blokes).
Everyone can just do their research and go with what they feel is best. I went with APR as there is a larger support base behind you, more VW dealerships also are happy with APR mods and I have never seen proof of APR tunes destroying engines... although I have heard the usual bull **** storys.

Try find a forum that isn't sponsored by APR and you will find stories..

But yes, each to their own.. :p

thezoneR32
20-12-2009, 10:17 PM
got the APR trial flash put in the R32 Friday. The difference whilst not mind bending is certainly noticeable. The car shunts more aggressively at around 2800-4000 than it used to and also pulls consistently all the way to redline. It also seems to rev more freely and smoother, at idle and during gear changes. It’s an expensive mod but really this is how it should have been, I think I will probably go for it. Combines nicely with the haldex gen2 set to race! Understeer is now a thing of the past!

Big Yellow
21-12-2009, 10:10 AM

theres heaps over on golfmkv.com LOL

and this one is GOLD!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD1KjVVZGEk

Guy_H
21-12-2009, 06:22 PM

and this one is GOLD!!

What does a 7 year old video of an APR S3 racecar with a water leak have to do with with the topic title "Anyone had Stage 1 APR Chip done on MKV?" ??

This is probably more relevant (MKV Content):

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?p=400923#post400923

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4635477&page=1

Old posts?

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1411482

chrisgti
21-12-2009, 08:37 PM
lol that first thread is the one you had cleaned up after you lied about APR disabling the secondary o2 sensor..

we all know APR does its best to censor any bad publicity, thats what your sponsorship is all about :)

Guy_H
22-12-2009, 08:32 AM
lol that first thread is the one you had cleaned up after you lied about APR disabling the secondary o2 sensor..

we all know APR does its best to censor any bad publicity, thats what your sponsorship is all about :)

Still looking for proof & we still do not disable the secondary O2 sensor either (as explained before). Ask the moderators who cleaned up that thread - I certainly didn't request it - I would actually like the thread to be reopened for people to post their experiences when they have had to switch software on Pirelli GTI's to fix problems. :)

Big Yellow
22-12-2009, 10:31 AM
how do you run a catless DP if you don't disable the sensor then??

Guy_H
22-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Easy. Work it out its not rocket science. Explain what functions the O2 sensor carries out & you will work out your own question.

Big Yellow
22-12-2009, 02:16 PM
ok, maybe not disable the sensor entirely, but it disables the CEL related to the cat readiness code.

mate, its all over the internet.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2108181&postcount=39

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2147209&postcount=5

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1952305&postcount=16

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=651593&postcount=30

adzy
22-12-2009, 02:33 PM

and this one is GOLD!!

Are we talking chipping or 650 HP build ups???

Tim
22-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Are we discussing cars here or baracking for football teams? Sometimes im not so sure!

Corey_R
22-12-2009, 02:36 PM
ok, maybe not disable the sensor entirely, but it disables the CEL related to the cat readiness code.
Sorry... is this even an issue?

Firstly this thread is discussing Stage 1 flash, not Stage 2 flashes which are for replacement downpipes with 'high flow cats' or 'motorsport cats'.

And even if we were talking about stage 2 upgrades in this thread, does it even matter for Australia? As far as I'm aware, Australia does not perform any emissions testing on vehicles during rego or e-Safety check etc. Even in the USA it's only certain states that do checks where using a high flow/motorsport cats would cause any issue.

And lastly, the use of high flow/motorsport cats and their associated reduction in emission control is nothing new. Even the car manufacturers have battled with this over the years and pushed the limits on what they can get away with in various countries/states based on the emissions regulations. It's not APR are somehow doing something 'dirty' here, unless I'm completely missing the point :)

Guy_H
23-12-2009, 09:13 AM

mate, its all over the internet.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2108181&postcount=39

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2147209&postcount=5

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1952305&postcount=16

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=651593&postcount=30

Sorry, you are once again wrong, & firstly you say its deleted, and now you are saying "maybe not disabling the sensor entirely". Here's a test for you.

Get a car with an APR exhaust & software on it with Australian software.

Check the readiness code.

See what it says.

See you are wrong.

Much better test than doing an internet search to try to justify your comments.

FYI, APR does not supply nor condone Catless downpipes except for track use only & we or our dealers will not supply software to anyone stating they are going to run catless on the street.

P.S. APR's exhaust & software passes all Australian State & federal emissions regulation. :)

adzy
23-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry guys but reading this siht is such a fark'n strain on the temper. Ppl talk crap bagging the rival company to the one they use all the bloody time; when they have no bloody clue wtf they are on about.
I have heard some bone heads at the drags talking crap about APR chips as well "Oh they disable this and that" Oh they run lean as then your engine blows" - whatever u tools.

You know what!! If u run GIAC good for u, u run APR good for u or even bloody JAYCAR Lol who cares!!! enjoy it. People just need to grow up and understand we are all here for the same reason, we are enthusiasts so enough bitching and talking crap and just enjoy your own ride as it is unique.

If we have 100% facts from our own PERSONAL experience then we can talk up. I meet ppl that run GIAC and even though we both have GTI's they start to look at u like u are a tosser LOL hang on... dont we enjoy the same car?? Un-bloody-believable.

Tim
23-12-2009, 04:40 PM
ok.
First point. This thread has gone way beyond the original posters question. He probably already has his tune and is busy driving his car instead of being a hero on the internet.

Secondly. This thread has nothing to do with GIAC I dont know why the comparisons are being made. Im growing a little bit tired of 2 or 3 people arguing till they are blue in the face. It certainly doesnt do anyone any favours. You wont see a GIAC representative on this forum talking like that.

If we have 100% facts from our own PERSONAL experience then we can talk up. I meet ppl that run GIAC and even though we both have GTI's they start to look at u like u are a tosser LOL hang on... dont we enjoy the same car?? Un-bloody-believable.

I run GIAC and I dont think youre a tosser Mr Adzy. If it was you that we met at the drags that night you seem like a lovely young man.. I hope youre not implying that because of 1 or 2 people you will tar me with the same brush.

Thirdly. I pray that this thread gets deleted because its a pointless waste of time and the original poster is probably long gone.

adzy
23-12-2009, 05:13 PM
ok.
First point. This thread has gone way beyond the original posters question. He probably already has his tune and is busy driving his car instead of being a hero on the internet.

Secondly. This thread has nothing to do with GIAC I dont know why the comparisons are being made. Im growing a little bit tired of 2 or 3 people arguing till they are blue in the face. It certainly doesnt do anyone any favours. You wont see a GIAC representative on this forum talking like that.

I run GIAC and I dont think youre a tosser Mr Adzy. If it was you that we met at the drags that night you seem like a lovely young man.. I hope youre not implying that because of 1 or 2 people you will tar me with the same brush.

Thirdly. I pray that this thread gets deleted because its a pointless waste of time and the original poster is probably long gone.

I agree bro :D, and i dont judge anyone by what mods they have... that is just laughable.

Big Yellow
23-12-2009, 06:17 PM
I have heard the usual bull **** storys.

adzy i know you're trying to play mr. Innocent but dont act like you weren't trying to stir the pot with a comment like this.

Tim
23-12-2009, 06:20 PM
adzy i know you're trying to play mr. Innocent but dont act like you weren't trying to stir the pot with a comment like this.

He went fishing yes and caught a big yellow!

thezoneR32
23-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Well i paid a crap load of money to get APR tune on my R32 today and I love it. The mid range torque is awesome not to mention the gear changes seem smoother and pulls with power to redline now. I went with APR becasue German Auto is close to my house and I was happy with the R&D that has gone into it. I'm sure that if a GIAC or other tuner was in my local vicinity I probabaly would have gone with that and would still be happy. Its all good people.

Golf Loon
23-12-2009, 10:54 PM

This forum is not sponsored by APR.
They have no input on how things are run here.

We do however have a pretty short fuse with idiots arguing about chips.
It pretty boring and unproveable as no-one has had more than one tune in their car.

Either goto the drags and race, or shutup.
Its the internet people its not real, no-one thinks you are a hero online.

You should all go and have a christmas beer or goto bed.

anthony_VWJET
24-12-2009, 02:01 AM
This forum is not sponsored by APR.

Not sponsored by APR aye? Then will you be deleting their section on the "Sponsors Pages" - which is funnily enough the first one above all...

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=16168

adzy
24-12-2009, 04:06 AM

He went fishing yes and caught a big yellow!

Dont know how i am trying to play Mr. innocent? Call me guilty, doesn't bother me mate.. I was just responding to the topic that was brewing.

I made my point clear enough I think, we would all rather hear facts and not haters :D

And real in a big one i did, u know when u pull in a big fish without even realising u had your line in...

GO GTI's and GO TUNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Deere
24-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Not sponsored by APR aye? Then will you be deleting their section on the "Sponsors Pages" - which is funnily enough the first one above all...

I have not spent a great deal of time here, but it appears that the site is as much sponsored by GIAC as it is by APR. The reason APR is at the top is because the APR guy (Guy!!) invests a fair bit of time here....the site has no control over how sponsors choose to use their sponsorship.

I am sure Golf Loon meant "not exclusively sponsored by APR" and certainly it is clear to me that the sponsors don't run the site.

I do believe arguing on the internet is weird.

philthy
24-12-2009, 09:11 AM

There's distributors of APR, GIAC, Custom Code and Evolve Technik who are all sponsors of this site, and "funnily enough", the order they are listed in corresponds to the date of the most recent post in each thread. :rolleyes:

philthy
24-12-2009, 09:13 AM
I do believe arguing on the internet is weird.

http://api.ning.com/files/TAQisU8LBDTC4tC2heaDQOeZS-Rrz2YNGCp-ALFZ1sJzULMurkS8G5BTohOglWuUPCEePfSXGLMBkHkrH2gmH7 CuAYuO65-A/arguingontheinternet.jpg

anthony_VWJET
24-12-2009, 09:50 AM
There's distributors of APR, GIAC, Custom Code and Evolve Technik who are all sponsors of this site, and "funnily enough", the order they are listed in corresponds to the date of the most recent post in each thread. :rolleyes:

yes in know, I thought it was just funny how loon was saying APR wasn't a sponsor when the latest post in the sponsors pages was from APR..

So Philthy what tune are you running?:stupid:

philthy
24-12-2009, 10:41 AM
yes in know, I thought it was just funny how loon was saying APR wasn't a sponsor when the latest post in the sponsors pages was from APR..

Point taken.

So Philthy what tune are you running?:stupid:

GIAC. Only got it last Thursday and loving it.

random101
24-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Make sure you take Revo for a Demo!! its a great piece of kit you can also get Revo Select to fine tune it either to stock or to a custom map :)

Talk to James @ Audvolks

Great guy!